FS: Washer ($20) and Water Cooler ($20)

Trouble Maker

At these prices, come pick them up. We live on the NW side of town. We may be able to work something out for the water cooler but I don't have a vehicle large enough to move the washer.

I have a charity coming on Tuesday and bulk pickup coming on the 31st. Sorry about the short notice post but I'm going to try to see if the charity wants the washer if no one busy it before then.

This is the same washer that Smokey was selling

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105700

We bought it when we were in between the new house and old apartment to have a washer at both places. We are all moved in now and our old washer doesn't make loud noises so we don't need this one anymore. Worked fine despite the noise for the 2 months we used it.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=755&pictureid=6689

We are going to get an under-counter sink based water filtration system, so we don't need this water cooler anymore. We have 3-3gal empty bottles that will be included for the bottle deposits. The hot water side broke due to a stupid safety spring putting too much tension on the plastic when you used it. So I removed the handle, sealed it up with silicone and turned the heating system off. Only cold water comes out of the right side now.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=755&pictureid=6687

How do you go about getting water refills besides going to the store buying new ones all the time? Is there a company that ships them to you or something?

You can do either (pickup or delivery), but these are from Krogers, not that it probably matters. They have a bin outside you dump these into and it spits out a ticket for the deposit. Then you pick up new, sealed, full ones up at the front of the store. It's filtered water, some have salt, etc. for taste and some don't, just like smaller bottles of water so you have to figure out what you like. Not every Krogers has them, some other hardware and grocery stores have them. Some places have refillable ones you can buy and fill up in their machines which have some sort of filtration on them. These ones have a screw top for transporting them. My parents use those, but they are a pain to put on the cooler without spilling the water, but since the water isn't transport on a truck I think it's cheaper. The ones you get from Krogers or delivery has a circular plastic piece inside of the part that goes into the cooler. It keeps the water from spilling out, and when you put it on the cooler there is a plastic piece in the cooler that pushes that out of the way.

One of the 3gal things would usually last us a week or so. We typically go to the grocery store every 2 weeks and get 2 or 3 of these, however many were empty.

If you only wanted it for cold water and didn't care about the filtration I guess you could just fill up these bottles and put them on there.

Our contractor at work used to have a service setup for us but since gov't people work alongside us, they took it away because they didn't want to pay for gov workers to drink it too. Pretty awesome right.. so I've been kicking around the idea of buying one out of pocket. Are you going to Stillman's today?