The car runs great but...

coltboostin

If the owners are humble enough to admit that they can't get the most out of the car, then I don't see anything wrong with letting a skilled driver take the wheel in competitions or record attempts. If they just flat out never drive it though, I don't see the point in owning/building it.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with somebody writing checks and driving a car that they don't do much (if any) work on though. Some people have the financial means, but lack the mechanical skills, knowledge, or time. That's no reason for them to have to sit back and watch everyone else have fun. If I ever hit the lottery I have no doubt I'd have a few cars built for me, they'd get done a hell of a lot quicker and run a lot better I'm sure. Lol

I understand what you guys are saying and agree to a point but....some jobs/insurance won't allow them to. If something were to happen, some don't want to write a check that big....

...for those not quite in that league. Maybe the car was just built and the owner isn't use to the vehicle and/or new upgrades. It is smarter and makes more sense for a seasoned driver to take the wheel. Once the owner has built up the ability to drive at that level then maybe they will say okay...

Who would let you drive their car down the track to "show what it can do" when you don't even stage correctly in your own car. Not to mention run 30 ft in front of the beams...

The one fucking time I stage wrong...

Really ;)

20$ says we both get 3 passes in a car we don't own and I'll beat your times.

RT and 1/4

I understand what you guys are saying and agree to a point but....some jobs/insurance won't allow them to. If something were to happen, some don't want to write a check that big....

i don't even want to think of what my disability insurance would be if i drag raced, sky dived, had a DUI, bull riding, etc etc. aside from all the drug tests, labs, physicals, etc---they ask you about every possible risky activity known to man (bull riding--lol). they ask you the same questions for life insurance, but my disability insurance is 4 times the cost of the life policy.

if a car is fast enough to need a chute, i don't want any part of it---period. at least at this point in my life/family/career, it would be terribly irresponsible on my part.

i don't even want to think of what my disability insurance would be if i drag raced, sky dived, had a DUI, bull riding, etc etc. aside from all the drug tests, labs, physicals, etc---they ask you about every possible risky activity known to man (bull riding--lol). they ask you the same questions for life insurance, but my disability insurance is 4 times the cost of the life policy.

if a car is fast enough to need a chute, i don't want any part of it---period. at least at this point in my life/family/career, it would be terribly irresponsible on my part.

Don't get me started on the cost of that crap but better safe then sorry. You get to a point in life where it's just not worth it! Other things are far more important...

Then again, your view changes a lot when you can afford almost all the toys you dreamed about.

Some people live to work, others work to live. I am not sure what your YTD gross is, but there are a few that are likely higher, that drive their junk with the wheels-up setting records every time they go out. Maybe you should PM them on who'm they are insured though??

I am lucky that even if I was disabled, I could still flourish in my career (as long as I still had a voice). I know not all professions are the same though.

The REAL question relevant to you-if you have these restrictions on your life that would keep you out of a car of this caliber, why the fuck would you build it?

Edited by coltboostin

Look at the big picture. For instance pro players are only guaranteed money under certain circumstances. I know a few guys can't even own/ride a motorcycle, bicycle, anything because if they get hurt outside the game or can't play they are SCREWED!!!

For some it's also not why, but why not? They have the money and the means to build/own it, who is stopping them from doing it? They can drive it, just because they aren't going to race it doesn't mean anything. Heck, look at all the people that do car shows. I can't stand fixing up something to LOOK nice but never run, race, or even drive it. That's far worse in my opinion but again different strokes for different folks. Some people just don't like going fast....

JP, he's a orthopedic surgeon. His hands make a shit load of money. And I respect that he thinks of the family and doesn't take that risk. Some take the risks associated with racing some don't and feel they have too much to lose. I had them write into my life insurance policy 1/4 mile and track racing. The rate is the same if you do it once or weekly. This way if I decide once a year to have a bit of fun, I'm covered. I have turned down a couple private flights on small aircraft. My policy clearly states flight only on commercial airlines or no payment. For what we pay for my policy, I refuse to take the risk on that.

I had to turn down spreading my father's ashes over the Grand Canyon, he was a pilot and so were his friends. They flew over in a private aircraft and released his ashes over the canyon. Tough decision, but I didn't go, I put my family first.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with somebody writing checks and driving a car that they don't do much (if any) work on though. Some people have the financial means, but lack the mechanical skills, knowledge, or time.

This is me right now with the RX-7. The job that lets me afford it gives me no time to work on it, and I'd rather spend the little time I do have behind the wheel not under the hood.

JP, he's a orthopedic surgeon. His hands make a shit load of money. And I respect that he thinks of the family and doesn't take that risk. Some take the risks associated with racing some don't and feel they have too much to lose. I had them write into my life insurance policy 1/4 mile and track racing. The rate is the same if you do it once or weekly. This way if I decide once a year to have a bit of fun, I'm covered. I have turned down a couple private flights on small aircraft. My policy clearly states flight only on commercial airlines or no payment. For what we pay for my policy, I refuse to take the risk on that.

I had to turn down spreading my father's ashes over the Grand Canyon, he was a pilot and so were his friends. They flew over in a private aircraft and released his ashes over the canyon. Tough decision, but I didn't go, I put my family first.

And in this example-you are still driving/racing the car. Would you buy a Hi-Powered Biplane you could not fly? That is my question.

I can't stand fixing up something to LOOK nice but never run, race, or even drive it. That's far worse in my opinion but again different strokes for different folks. Some people just don't like going fast....

Well, that's exactly my point. The car was not build to float across the English channel, it s race car. A "street" race car at that. Why build a racer car with no intentions of racing it? Its not NASCAR where actual profit can be made-its for internet nut-swinging and street racing only. Otherwise, the car serves no purpose.

Well, that's exactly my point. The car was not build to float across the English channel, it s race car. A "street" race car at that. Why build a racer car with no intentions of racing it? Its not NASCAR where actual profit can be made-its for internet nut-swinging and street racing only. Otherwise, the car serves no purpose.

Have you been to Texas..lol..? Some all hat no cattle going on,...well if you aren't making 1,300whp+ you don't have a chance....so some build the cars that win (with a hired driver) and then drive them to the cruise in's on Sunday...