Just for Kirk

DKilbourne

Sooo it takes a cobra 178rwhp more to hang with a c6z... In a straight line.. Good info

Atleast for that race. Not even a race after the GT500 goes into 5th. The guy with the Cobra wants a race at the strip and the guy with the Vette is in for a 40 roll once he gets Drag Radials, so we shall see.

by no means do i claim to be anything more than an average driver, but the h/c/i/exhaust c6z is just that fast. the car has 345 rear tires and spins for just a second in 2nd gear at 60mph before taking off like a rocket. the throttle response is immediate, crisp, and at 3200lbs the car feels so light.

now that i have the clutch issues hopefully solved in my 1300mile gt500, i can finally beat the piss out of it. the car flat out scares me---feels unsafe to drive with how cold it is in wisconsin, and the 285 rear tires. the torque is immediate, and the car is very hard to drive from a stop without spinning the tires. it sounds stupid, but i've almost spun the car out several times when cold, simply trying to let the clutch out easy around a turn from a stop. the car seriously drives like the road is icy or wet, when the tires are cold. if i have any plans on driving it hard, i will literally do a quick 1st gear burnout to heat the tires. the car was clearly under-geared by ford (very stupid). 2nd gear goes to 95mph if you wind it out---wtf?? the car needs at least 3.55's or 3.73's, instead of the factory 3.31 's. at 75mph in 6th gear the car sees 1500rpms.

over the winter i plan on adding a shifter, cooler plugs, intake, cobra jet throttle body, catless midpipe, and a tune. should be good for just shy of 700rwhp. definitely need bigger meat in the rear tires

by no means do i claim to be anything more than an average driver, but the h/c/i/exhaust c6z is just that fast. the car has 345 rear tires and spins for just a second in 2nd gear at 60mph before taking off like a rocket. the throttle response is immediate, crisp, and at 3200lbs the car feels so light.

now that i have the clutch issues hopefully solved in my 1300mile gt500, i can finally beat the piss out of it. the car flat out scares me---feels unsafe to drive with how cold it is in wisconsin, and the 285 rear tires. the torque is immediate, and the car is very hard to drive from a stop without spinning the tires. it sounds stupid, but i've almost spun the car out several times when cold, simply trying to let the clutch out easy around a turn from a stop. the car seriously drives like the road is icy or wet, when the tires are cold. if i have any plans on driving it hard, i will literally do a quick 1st gear burnout to heat the tires. the car was clearly under-geared by ford (very stupid). 2nd gear goes to 95mph if you wind it out---wtf?? the car needs at least 3.55's or 3.73's, instead of the factory 3.31 's. at 75mph in 6th gear the car sees 1500rpms.

over the winter i plan on adding a shifter, cooler plugs, intake, cobra jet throttle body, catless midpipe, and a tune. should be good for just shy of 700rwhp. definitely need bigger meat in the rear tires

So you have serious traction issues, yet want quicker gearing, won't you just spin more in the lower gears?

Sooo it takes a cobra 178rwhp more to hang with a c6z... In a straight line.. Good info

Just saying... Old terminators need about 100-110rwhp more than a c6 to edge them out... 13's need atleast 150+rwhp to hang? Am I the only one who knows this?

Wondering why? Is it the drag / aerodynamic come into play? Weight?

Wondering why? Is it the drag / aerodynamic come into play? Weight?

All of those, especially the weight. The C6Z weighs 600lbs less than a GT500. The 03 Cobra's came in at 3650 without driver, so they were heavy too. Just not as heavy as the GT500's.

So you have serious traction issues, yet want quicker gearing, won't you just spin more in the lower gears?

seems foolish i know. i just can't enjoy a stickshift car if 1st gear gets me to the legal speed limit on most highways, and second gear almost gets you triple digits. first order of business is a set of 18" rear wheels and more rubber. then all the power mods i have planned, and possibly gears at some point.

No idea, it was so weird though that a 351rwhp vette would hang from a 40 roll with a 500rwhp cobra.

My car, a 500rwhp Cobra has gone 127-129 a good bit. Your C5Z at 351rwhp might see 117-118. However, their 500rwhp Cobra's either weren't really making that or they just didn't know what gear to start in. This is why bench racing makes me laugh though. You guys did beat them up all of the time. Stupid internet.

No idea, it was so weird though that a 351rwhp vette would hang from a 40 roll with a 500rwhp cobra.

everyone (myself included) who bought a stock cobra would ignore suspension mods, and simply port/pulley/intake/exhaust the car and make 500+rwhp with zero effort. these cars didn't put the power down well when stock, let alone with 140rwhp more. they just wouldn't run well, as a result. once my car got suspension mods, and the solid rear, it was completely different