WTB CAR LESS THAN 6k

TurboNova

Well I went to look at a "Nice" Trans am today, it turned out to be fairly beat mechanically but a nice looking car overall. I am really not 100% sure what I want but would be interested in a 99+ Fbody with LS engine. But also interested in an A4 or A6 Audi as well. I know drastic differences but it will be a car that I really use as my "Beater".

I have the Nova as a fun car and the silverado to haul stuff and pull my trailer. So this is a car I dont mind taking to and from work and running errands in.

Requirements:

around 6k or less (looking to realistcally spend 5500)

Lower mileage (120k or less but would like it closer to 100k or less)

at least Semi fun to drive

prefer to get an average of 20mpg or better

heres the TA I looked at today

http://www.drivenauto.com/details.cfm?searchvkid=1280238

Looks like someone ragged it out, swapped some parts, then tried to do a quick change job on it before trading it in.

If you find any others, lemme know and I may go with you to look at them if you'd like a second set of eyes.

thanks man! will do.

I loved my Audi a4 with the 1.8t 5 speed I had. Was fun to drive. Good on gas ect. All till it caught on fire. I'd buy another one given a nice one came up for sale again. Was pearl white with tan interior. Was fun till it caught on fire. Next time ill put full coverage on one. Lol

http://columbus.craigslist.org/ctd/3318689636.html

without pulling the valve cover and/or oil pan you would not know. Worked on the 1.8t at the dealer for its entire existance almost. For me to touch a used 1.8t id have to see some service records..thanks though

Agreed. I took a shot on this one because the low miles etc but I know it was bought from mag so I will be trying to get maint records for it still etc

My 1.8t had 143k on it at the time it caught fire ( dash harness) was run hard before I got it but the only issue I kept having with it was the coolant plug on the back of the motor kept blowing out when in boost through a few gears. And blowing the coupler off the turbo. Few parts from international parts fixed them issues.

What is the price for the a4 with that low of miles?

Did you see the link I posted in your other thread about the T/A? A friend has a 2002 Z28 A4 with around 110k miles that he's asking $6k for. Only mods are an SLP catback, K&N filter, and an SS hood and he also has the stock hood.