Rollpans for trucks - any cop hassles?

zeitgeist57

I was talking to some guys at CC&C, and Tom mentioned the legality of having a rear rollpan on a truck in place of a step bumper. I'm liking the idea of going this route, but I don't obviously like the idea of getting pulled over...

Anyone with bodyworked (bumper-eliminated) pickups that have had problems with the cops? I'd still keep a rear plate with LED plate light...

trucks used to come with no rear bumper from the factory. it was an addition. both of my f150's came with no rear bumper and on the window sticker was a charge for dealer installed upgraded chrome step bumper.

but i did get into it with a oshp officer once about it. "SHE" pulled me over for no bumper. and one i dropped the facts on her she let me go.

I cant honestly think of a single LEO who would mess with someone over a roll pan but maybe someone, somewhere....

she messed with me cause the truck is lowered. i must be up to no good. i probably took her by surprise being a middle aged person in a lowered vehicle. lolerskates

Never a problem with the cops in my s10 and was pulled over several times for "unsafe ride height", but never heard a single thing about the pan. The only problem I had with my rollpan was accidentally ripping it off.