Travelers/ Honeymooners

SRTurbo04

So i am getting married in two weeks and are going on a honeymoon down to Florida. I know theres alot of travel people on here who know the ins and out of how to get upgrades and or free stuff. Also im sure there have been people on there honeymoon that have gotten the same treatment. Any one have any tips or tricks as to how to get a upgrade or special treatment for this type of occasion (hotel, plane, or things to do). Not necessarily free but discounted possibly.

:D

Oh and keep this on topic please.

You replied as I did. If you are staying at a Resort.... What more are you wanting?

:wtf:

KillJoy

its not a all inclusive resort or anything like that so we pay for everything we do. Idk possibly upgraded room or something discount on activities for couples.

Airlines maybe upgrade or cheaper upgrade to first class or some drinks .

serious question, why do you think that many people will give a damn about your wedding. you're some out of town person they will likely never see again, probably the 10th newlywed couple this month, etc. im not trying to be funny.

i saw a married couple on my way back from FL that got someone to trade them a seat so they could sit together on the plane as their seats were a few rows apart. maybe you'll be that lucky.

serious question, why do you think that many people will give a damn about your wedding. you're some out of town person they will likely never see again, probably the 10th newlywed couple this month, etc. im not trying to be funny.

i saw a married couple on my way back from FL that got someone to trade them a seat so they could sit together on the plane as their seats were a few rows apart. maybe you'll be that lucky.

Alot of people get the stuff above done to them jjust for this. ok then take the honeymoon out of your mind set, and your a frequent traveler how do you get your upgrades and such

Marriott typically has a "concierge level" at their resorts. This is usually a room/floor where you can get free breakfast, snacks during the day and some appetizers in the evening.

I don't know of any "honeymoon" access - I access it do to much travel and being a platinum member of Marriott Rewards.

the days of customer service are long gone. Mention it is your honeymoon and see if you get anything but, I wouldn't expect much. I spend about $50,000 / year with United and they seem to think they need to treat me like crap. I am sure you can expect the same level of service though you don't do as much spending.

Where are you flying into?

How is your credit? Think you could apply for a couple credit cards quick?

edit - there really aren't any good deals for getting shit discounted that I can find. Sounds like your best bet is to fly through Ft Myers (RSW) and Airtran is always cheap for that route. It's usually about $250 round trip per person. 24 hours before the flight you can check in online to choose your seats. After you do that, I'd call in and see if they have any discounts on any unsold business class/first class seats on your flight. Sometimes you can score it for only another $50 each, but its a short enough flight that it's not really a big deal.

For rental cars, search online for discount codes and see what's the cheapest. Not much you can do to save money here unless you want to gamble and just check the prices daily, and when you find a price you like reserve it. USUALLY prices get cheaper as the date gets closer. Call your insurance company ahead of time to make sure you have coverage on a rental car, if so you can turn down the rental company when they try to sell it to you. Also skip their refuelling deal, they will offer you a lower price per gallon than at the pump but they will charge you to fill the entire tank. So unless you plan on running it dry before you return it, don't go for it.

As for the hotel, find the manager's email. A week before the trip, email them asking to confirm your reservations and mention that it is your honeymoon and you just can't wait to get there. A day before, email again and ask if they have any available upgrades, once again mentioning its your honeymoon and you can't wait to get there. Either take what they offer, or gamble again when you get to the desk to check in. It never hurts to ask for an upgrade, and be happy no matter what they say. It goes a long way for the overall experience. They don't owe you anything but if they have empty rooms then sometimes they don't mind hooking you up.

Edited by copperhead