This isn't going to buff out....

TTQ B4U

"We didn't pull out in front of an airplane"
I LOL'd at that one. My follow up would have been

"So if you didn't pull out in front of the airplane that just hit your SUV, please tell me your version of what happened..." :fuuuu:

It's a shitty set up all together. With faults on both sides. Fucking pay attention when your driving, especially when you are using a road connected to a runway. STOP sign or not. Hey, you could get hit by a plane!!!

Who sets up an open air field like that and doesn't even have a gate to keep random retards from just driving out on the runway? How pressed for land are they to not gate that end with a higher clearance, and make the run off on the far end longer?

As much as I would like to blame the idiot in the SUV that pilot was coming in way to low especially for an airport with a road that close to the end of the runway.

Perhaps and people speed down the secondary road where I live, however I am still at fault if I don't stop to insure the road is clear for me when pull out in front of them.

Perhaps and people speed down the secondary road where I live, however I am still at fault if I don't stop to insure the road is clear for me when pull out in front of them.

True but the pilot could have maintained a little more altitude and avoided this situation totally. I'm just saying if I was flying into this airport I would have used a little steeper approach than that and if the runway is too short I might have thrown a little slip in at the end for fun.

Things like this crack me up. It's like driving on a completely flat and straight 10-mile stretch of a road in a clear sunny day with a 10-mile visibility without any other traffic and you manage to hit the only tree at the side of the road.

It's a shitty set up all together. With faults on both sides. Fucking pay attention when your driving, especially when you are using a road connected to a runway. STOP sign or not. Hey, you could get hit by a plane!!!

Who sets up an open air field like that and doesn't even have a gate to keep random retards from just driving out on the runway? How pressed for land are they to not gate that end with a higher clearance, and make the run off on the far end longer?

EXACTLY! situational awareness anyone? my sister is the same way when she drives and it makes me go fucking nuts. I cant stand to be in the car with her when she drives.

However i would say there is more of a responsibility on the drive as the pilot has less choices to avoid a collision than they do. And at the end of the story they did say the road is a public road that the airport has asked to make private in the past.