Anyone know a new-ish black Ferrari license plate "N"

BigOxley

Be CR, post doing something that was fun in your car and have everyone on the site ridicule you for what they themselves would have done or aren't even able to. Then play the roll like you know how a owner of a new Ferrari feels.

Spirited fun on both sides. Sounds good to me.

I wouldn't have done that. I hope someday to be able to keep up with a Ferrari as well. But in the meantime don't shoot my dream down.

Thanks,

Obama

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be CR, post doing something that was fun in your car and have everyone on the site ridicule you for what they themselves would have done or aren't even able to. Then play the roll like you know how a owner of a new Ferrari feels.

http://i.imgur.com/eQBRw.gif

9.7/10

I was starting to think I posted in a bizzaro world car forum.

$200k buys a lot more than just speed. Like things modifications to an STi can't add.

like?

I've beat a few exotics in free way games to around 120 in my old bug eye. Eric's STi is easily a mid to low 10 second car, With some suspension work I don't see why he could not outperform a Ferrari with out much effort.. Shit I've seen Ty make Porches look like econo boxes in his NA Impreza.

like?

I've beat a few exotics in free way games to around 120 in my old bug eye. Eric's STi is easily a mid to low 10 second car, With some suspension work I don't see why he could not outperform a Ferrari with out much effort.. Shit I've seen Ty make Porches look like econo boxes in his NA Impreza.

His car is in no way a 10 second car. It has 10 second car power for sure. It is fun as Hell to ride in and nicer than most comparable cars on this site. However, without being able to launch it, it will never run 10's. It is however, a freeway beast. I bust his balls about his car all the time but in reality I dig it. Not bashing his car at all. I just think it is a few k away from being able to click of a 10 second time slip.

Just because a car has the right HP/weight formula to make it a 10 second ride doesn't mean it will result a 10 second ET. I thought you were supposed to know something about these cars.

like?

if you have to ask, you just don't get it.

my next sports car could easily be a ferrari

His car is in no way a 10 second car. It has 10 second car power for sure. It is fun as Hell to ride in and nicer than most comparable cars on this site. However, without being able to launch it, it will never run 10's. It is however, a freeway beast. I bust his balls about his car all the time but in reality I dig it. Not bashing his car at all. I just think it is a few k away from being able to click of a 10 second time slip.

Just because a car has the right HP/weight formula to make it a 10 second ride doesn't mean it will result a 10 second ET. I thought you were supposed to know something about these cars.

Just because I haven't launched, doesn't mean I can't launch it. I just want to buy a new clutch just yet.

He has a STi there is no reason he can't launch it and run a 10. There are plenty of stock ecu STis running 10s on stock drive trains. Sounds like he might need a clutch but otherwise I don't see a reason in the world why a 600hp sti can't run 10s.

He has a STi there is no reason he can't launch it and run a 10. There are plenty of stock ecu STis running 10s on stock drive trains. Sounds like he might need a clutch but otherwise I don't see a reason in the world why a 600hp sti can't run 10s.

Have you ever driven a car that runs 10's? Sounds like he might need a clutch and running 10's don't go together. This is your reason. This is my point. Simple.

Like I said with a little cash and a little work I agree it is capable. As it sits now I do not. If for some reason it was able to do it, I don't see it being repeatable for sure. This is not a knock on Eric but his seat time at the strip is limited. I think with him driving it will take a bit more practice as well. He respects the car and its capabilities, I see him taking a day to ease into pushing the limits. I also feel that a learning day at the strip on the same clutch only makes my point more valid.

Again, the only point I was trying to make was that I don't think in the cars 100% current state I dont think it will net a 10 sec slip. There is no doubt it has the power to though.

Transmission? WTF? STI 6 speed will take 700hp and say meh.....

I mostly was refering to clutch. My knowledge on STI drivetrains are limited so the trans comment was really just suggesting the drivetrain as a whole. Like I said mostly refering to the stock clutch. Plus, I was thinking he just swapped to some pussy street tires. I may be wrong, and I don't really know off hand how those cars act on street rubber under big power.

I believe that Eric did make the comment to me that he chose to run the stock clutch as to take it easy on the drivetrain.

What is the limit to the axles on these cars anyways?

Are your serious with the Have I driven a 10 second car question????

I bet I've Driven WAY more 10 seconds cars then most the people on CR. Have I made passes at the strip in them ? No Fastest I've went is 11's in a STi.

But I've got plenty of seat time in 1000hp machines.

There are guys running 10's on stock drive lines. http://www.nasioc.com

Take a peak in proven power. I'm not saying its going to hold up in the long term I'm saying its more then possible. Shit people have went 10s on the stock motor also.