Obama is a RE-TARD...lets just destroy what business is left in the US

Gump

"We will pass the Employee Free Choice Act." President Obama recently made this statement to AFL-CIO leaders in a videotaped address, according to the March 4 edition of the The Wall Street Journal.

Scary stuff for employers.

The Employee Free Choice Act (EFCA) would mean the most aggressive, sweeping changes to the U.S. labor rules since the National Labor Relations Act was passed more than 70 years ago.

Many observers predicted that the current economic crisis would force Congress to delay action on this bill-but that's increasingly starting to look like wishful thinking. Union officials have released statements from Nobel-winning economists and other business experts supporting EFCA, and they're ready to spend millions of dollars and volunteer hours this spring

pressuring Congress to pass the legislation. And, of course,

President Obama is clearly behind the bill.

Why should you worry? For employers large and small, EFCA is very bad news:

* It paves the way for union organizers to expand quickly into

new workplaces by collecting signed cards without your

knowledge (instead of holding a formal secret-ballot election).

* If 50 percent or more of your workers sign those cards, boom:

You're unionized. No more campaigns, no more voting-signatures

alone will be enough to get the job done.

* EFCA also gives federal arbitrators the brand-new authority

to impose labor contracts in your workplace if you fail to

reach agreement with union locals within 120 days of the

union's formation.

Join us on May 5 for a very frank, practical discussion of EFCA and the dangers it poses for your workplace. Our speaker-a former National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) field attorney who's now an experienced management-side labor lawyer-will share strategies for preparing in advance for this legislation and safeguarding your workforce against unfair union organizing tactics. You'll learn what you can (and cannot) do to protect your organization without running afoul of the law-and why you must prepare right now to keep your workplace union-free.

CRAP this should be moved to the politics section..sorry

Edited by Gump

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't know a whole lot about unions, and I've never been apart of one. I've heard things that are good about them, but I've also heard bad things. For example the mess that GM is in when it comes to overpaying people because the union has slowly squeezed them to death. Since you obviously don't agree with the EFCA, could you explain why those changes are so bad for business? (no sarcasm intended, I honestly don't know)

... my initial thoughts are: If you don't think you're getting paid enough, enough benefits, your job sucks ass, etc, why don't you go find another F-ing job? Let capitalism run free

unions have a limited usefulness in situations where tangible evidence can be presented that the employees are treated unfairly or are exploited. obviously, there are conflicts between what management thinks is "fair" treatment and what labor thinks is "ass raping", but sensible people can make these distinctions.

i have a long list of things I think are fair in a work environment for my industry, but it's too long and it's pointless to type it all out for a social forum when i'm knee deep in it every day.

The union where i work at is a joke. Luckily only the production employees are union. I get more vacation time and sick days than the union employees do, and i have better insurance. Also they get crappy raises. I think the only reason they have one is so we can sell things to companys that are unionized. I'm all for people getting better benefits and more pay, but only if the people are worth it.

I honestly don't know a whole lot about unions, and I've never been apart of one. I've heard things that are good about them, but I've also heard bad things. For example the mess that GM is in when it comes to overpaying people because the union has slowly squeezed them to death. Since you obviously don't agree with the EFCA, could you explain why those changes are so bad for business? (no sarcasm intended, I honestly don't know)

... my initial thoughts are: If you don't think you're getting paid enough, enough benefits, your job sucks ass, etc, why don't you go find another F-ing job? Let capitalism run free

:plus1:

The unions are the ones that fcked gm & such over.......its no wonder all the production is moving over seas.

warp- blame it all on the "unions" had nothing to do with piss poor fucking management multi million dollar bonuses, stock options and pay..had nothing to do with the white collar workers..yup only the pos blue collar workers that brought you guys the 5 day work week and weekends, benes travel pay safe workplaces overtime etc etc etc..typical fucktard

warp- blame it all on the "unions" had nothing to do with piss poor fucking management multi million dollar bonuses, stock options and pay..had nothing to do with the white collar workers..yup only the pos blue collar workers that brought you guys the 5 day work week and weekends, benes travel pay safe workplaces overtime etc etc etc..typical fucktard

The UAW did have alot to do with the downfall of the big 3. Unions in the auto industry have out-lived their usefulness. Honda has proven that. Not that they are perfect.

sam- same guys who flew in jets to a hearing and got their asses chewd out..same guys who wont work a day without a contract, but expect the people who are working to pay their salaries to do so

honda vs uaw- one is foreign one is not

unions make up to 28% more than non unions in the same field, so cause the uaw makes more than honda its gotta be the blue guys fault? :beathorse:

They went on strike. We could not afford the increases they demanded. We hired replacement workers.(scabs you could say) We negotiated and they still would not agree, or i should say the Union head would not agree, he really misled his workers in my opinion, we offered jobs back to the guys as non-union workers and a few crossed the lines and came back. Sad thing is they got better pay, insurance and vacations than all the other employees and yet they wanted more. It was actually sad, i grew up with a lot of them and they were like father figures and friends. They followed the trucks around as told to do by the union to harass the scab drivers, when we would stop for a delivery they would ask if we wanted to goto lunch with them because we were all buddies. Kinda wierd. they just squeezed and squeezed we could only take so much. There positions were replaced and there were no positions for them to return to.

gump all cases are different- to all please dont bash the unions, casue all unions are different just like your non-union jobs..i say that cause its like religion and politics, we all have our minds made up and nothing i say or you say is gonna make a damn difference. i personally take offense and if you would like to discuss in person thats one thing..remember we all made our choices..