Obama is a RE-TARD...lets just destroy what business is left in the US

Gump

Seriously? This statement is so stupid that it doesn't deserve a response. How is management responsible for quality? All they do is sit in their climate controlled office while the laborers are out busting their balls

Wow! You accuse me of generalizing all unions, And yet your union bias against management shines through bright and clear.

Lets get some details on how the big/lazy/evil management has taken advantage and abused today's workers.

Yes, the UAW in Delhi was a legitimate question. They make cars there, workers are abused there, why not unionize?

You're view of history is a little skewed. Unions fought for raise wages as a part of a larger list of demands. Including safe working conditions, fair labor practices, breaks, time off, etc. Do you know why you take can take your precious union breaks at work? Because prior to unions, workers worked ten to twenty hours without even going to the bathroom, they'd keep cans at their station so they didn't stop working. People would lose limbs because of faulty equipment and not be compensated for it. Or worse, be over come by fumes and fall into whatever vat they were working above. And this wasn't a one time, once in a while deal. It was regularly, so regular an occurrence that workers didn't even stop working. The production lines didn't even stop, while morbid in a steel mill, it was downright disgusting in an slaugther house. This was the time when no one knew what was in sausage, hot dogs, or Spam.

By saying unions only fight for wage raises, you're shorting the impact that unions have had on society. And it makes you look greedy.

But I think we're going to keep throwing examples of corruption at each other as generalizations of the other side. So you're pro-union which I respect, and I'm not anti-union but I'm not pro-union. Call it union/management wary.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll generalize...

Unions SUCK...

Originally, great idea, did a lot of good to protect workers and give them a negotiating tool, but since the onset of minimum wage and osha, unions are just a parasite, feeding off of american businesses. complete waste, non-value added WASTE...

they are great at keeping lazy bastards employed, and siphoning money off the bottom line of businesses. not good for much else.

Edited by magley64

Wow! You accuse me of generalizing all unions, And yet your union bias against management shines through bright and clear.

Lets get some details on how the big/lazy/evil management has taken advantage and abused today's workers.

Yes, the UAW in Delhi was a legitimate question. They make cars there, workers are abused there, why not unionize?

You're view of history is a little skewed. Unions fought for raise wages as a part of a larger list of demands. Including safe working conditions, fair labor practices, breaks, time off, etc. Do you know why you take can take your precious union breaks at work? Because prior to unions, workers worked ten to twenty hours without even going to the bathroom, they'd keep cans at their station so they didn't stop working. People would lose limbs because of faulty equipment and not be compensated for it. Or worse, be over come by fumes and fall into whatever vat they were working above. And this wasn't a one time, once in a while deal. It was regularly, so regular an occurrence that workers didn't even stop working. The production lines didn't even stop, while morbid in a steel mill, it was downright disgusting in an slaugther house. This was the time when no one knew what was in sausage, hot dogs, or Spam.

By saying unions only fight for wage raises, you're shorting the impact that unions have had on society. And it makes you look greedy.

But I think we're going to keep throwing examples of corruption at each other as generalizations of the other side. So you're pro-union which I respect, and I'm not anti-union but I'm not pro-union. Call it union/management wary.

if it werent for the unions we would be without osha..they gave us the 8 hr work days 5 days a week, overtime, etc etc etc :beathorse:

I'll generalize...

Unions SUCK...

Originally, great idea, did a lot of good to protect workers and give them a negotiating tool, but since the onset of minimum wage and osha, unions are just a parasite, feeding off of american businesses. complete waste, non-value added WASTE...

they are great at keeping lazy bastards employed, and siphoning money off the bottom line of businesses. not good for much else.

typical scab response

I'll generalize...

Unions SUCK...

if it wasnt for the union s wages fucking scabs wouldnt make what they make now..its the greedy scab owners who pockets the money and is too greedy to pay his workers..typically union and non union bids are very close..difference is that the scab biz owner pockets more moneies and fucks his own workers.thats a fact :D

if it wasnt for the union s wages fucking scabs wouldnt make what they make now..its the greedy scab owners who pockets the money and is too greedy to pay his workers..typically union and non union bids are very close..difference is that the scab biz owner pockets more moneies and fucks his own workers.thats a fact :D

good workers only take shit for so long, then they move on to other businesses that actually take care of their employees.

My father is a perfect example, worked at rock creek aluminum for a few years, they treated him (and everyone else) like crap, everyone found another job, the business shut down...

where he now works, they take care of their employees, and the business is flourishing, even in these hard times.

unions have 2 edges, Yes they can help a situation with a shitty employer, but they can also inhibit a good employer from interacting with their employees.

compete or get beat.

end of thread.

yup, pretty much. The bottom line is "whatever the market will bear".

Either sell stuff however you can, or go out of business.

Wait... that's what's happening now all over the world.

Times are changing, bend with the wind, grasshopper.

of course they are not going to let you use their amenitites..your an ousider, i wouldnt either.they werent assigned to you as a "security". ..

To use the vernacular; bitch puhleeze!

good workers only take shit for so long, then they move on to other businesses that actually take care of their employees.

My father is a perfect example, worked at rock creek aluminum for a few years, they treated him (and everyone else) like crap, everyone found another job, the business shut down...

where he now works, they take care of their employees, and the business is flourishing, even in these hard times.

unions have 2 edges, Yes they can help a situation with a shitty employer, but they can also inhibit a good employer from interacting with their employees.

how to they inhibit a good employer from interacting with employees..glad to hear your dad is happy and taken care of now..being serious :)

how to they inhibit a good employer from interacting with employees..glad to hear your dad is happy and taken care of now..being serious :)

unions mandate raises across the board, and protect people who deserve to be fired from being fired.

their regulations nearly eliminate competition within a business among the emplyees.

I've seen it happen. good workers get treated the same as "lazy bastards"

and thanks, I'm glad, too

I just think it would be a better insentive for businesses to take care of their employees if they knew their employees would just leave otherwise. rather than having a 3rd party come in and negotiate "acceptable" terms and screw both sides...

Edited by magley64

Psssst..........I work a minimum of 12hrs/day most times it's 14-16 hours without a break. No breaks ever. Not even a lunch break.;)

And for those that keep saying that union members are lazy and unskilled, etc. - Stop. You are throwing me into that category and it's pissing me off.

Psssst..........I work a minimum of 12hrs/day most times it's 14-16 hours without a break. No breaks ever. Not even a lunch break.;)

And for those that keep saying that union members are lazy and unskilled, etc. - Stop. You are throwing me into that category and it's pissing me off.

Sam, I didn't say union members were lazy/unskilled/etc.

I'm saying that lazy bastards love the unions cause they don't have to work, and they know the union will protect thier job. Whatever reason you're pro-union is fine, i'm just saying that i've seen the negative side, and i personally think, for the most part, the bad outweighs the good at this point.

I'll generalize...

Unions SUCK...

hmmm

Sam, I didn't say union members were lazy/unskilled/etc.

I'm saying that lazy bastards love the unions cause they don't have to work, and they know the union will protect thier job. Whatever reason you're pro-union is fine, i'm just saying that i've seen the negative side, and i personally think, for the most part, the bad outweighs the good at this point.

i see some similarity

^^ yep the goeverment blows. There is a lot of red tape and mass amounts of Bullshit.

Double edged sword. Good, and bad cases. I will tell you of a local business.

Pretty products, made car mats for various models.

Decided that the health care coverage, and money wasn't the greatest. Union decided to go on strike, right around thanksgiving. Were on strike until, I think, February. Scabs were hired, replaced the workers. Some crossed the line. We had double sided nails laid out in our parking lot one morning. Becasue one of our departments was referring unemplyed there.

Anywho, long story short.

Union got there way, increased health and money.

Company started laying off employees in March. Sold, and moved business to Tenn by May.

Now, most of these former union workers are still unemployed, and looking for work.

Unions work in some areas, and fail in others.

I don't want to pay for something, then get laid off, so someone else can keep there job. (union dues).Granted I am at the bottom of the totum pole. I would rather take a pay cut, or a pay freeze and still be employed. If I have a problem, I address it with the administration. No need to have a middle man.

This is my opinion. Like I said some unions work, and some don't. I just don't want to be in one. If your union works for you. kudos. I think it really boils down to what is best for you and your family.

^ that's an illegal labor practice and you don't need a union to dispute it.

for every two hours of work your due a paid 15 minute break. every 4 hours you have to take a unpaid 1/2 hour lunch or break. combined..

Also if your on salary and the assumed hours per day are eight and you prove you have worked over eight every day you can demand a payment on the extra hours. your employer won't tell you that and it would probably get you fired demanding it but if you got fired you could recoup it.

When our guys went into that big Automaker in Detroit they couldn't touch the equipment we leased them they had to wait for an electrician to unplug it then they had to walk the guy threw the repair he couldn't touch it? Completely ridiculous. That's going to far.

^ that's an illegal labor practice and you don't need a union to dispute it.

for every two hours of work your due a paid 15 minute break. every 4 hours you have to take a unpaid 1/2 hour lunch or break. combined..

Also if your on salary and the assumed hours per day are eight and you prove you have worked over eight every day you can demand a payment on the extra hours. your employer won't tell you that and it would probably get you fired demanding it but if you got fired you could recoup it.

When our guys went into that big Automaker in Detroit they couldn't touch the equipment we leased them they had to wait for an electrician to unplug it then they had to walk the guy threw the repair he couldn't touch it? Completely ridiculous. That's going to far.

Not illegal. The Railroads have a completely different set of rules.;)