.22lr BF deals 10/22 vs Model 597

JaSSon

Dicks is going to have a Remington Model 597 and a Ruger 10/22 for $179.99 each. The model 597 comes with a (presumably cheap) scope. I'd just use it for cheap plinking in my back yard. Which of these would you prefer?

http://slickdeals.net/blackfriday/deal/dicks-sporting-goods/389 Click thru to page 16 in the ad.

Why?

I have one as well. I've had it for 17 years and have changed it for stock to tacticool, and not back to stock. I have not fired the other weapon you mentioned. What I can say about the river is that it's accurate and functions well every time. They are priced right and have a ton of options out there to change the set up to your interest. It's one of those things you can't really go wrong on.

Hope you enjoy it.

I love my 10/22, with a little bit of tinkering Im shooting dime sized groups at 50yds with velocitors and busting clays at 100 yards no problem. All stock pieces, just a little fine honing and shes shooting lights out with a cheap bushnell 3-9x scope