Anyone work at car dealerhships... I have a small favor to ask of you.

Trouble Maker

If you have a few spare moments, could you look under the hood at the ABS unit, to see which maker it is, i.e. ContiTeves, Bosch, Mando, etc.

Here is the list of cars I'm looking for, any of them will help.

I only need info for new (2012/2013) cars.

BMW – X5, X3, X6, 5 series

Nissan – Xterra (Off Road trim level), Armada, Frontier, Pathfinder

Toyota – RAV4, Tacoma, Highlander (4WD model), 4 Runner

Volvo – XC70

Landrover – Range Rover Sport, LR4, LR2

Jeep – Wrangler, Liberty, Grand Cherokee, Compass, Pathfinder

Ford – Explorer (4WD model), Raptor (F150)

Hyundai – Tucson, Santa Fe

Kia – Sorento

Mercedes Benz – GL-Class, M-Class

Lexus – GX460

Suzuki – Equator

Porsche – Cayeene

2013 Kia Sorento is a Mando Unit. I am assuming the Hyundai's will be the same considering they share drivetrains and design.

Thanks for the info!

I would imagine with both companies being Korean probably a majority of Kia/Hyundais have Mando modulaotrs. But I would also hope that Kia/Hyundai would diversify their supply chain and have some other suppliers in there.

I have the Hyundai available. I will take a look tomorrow.

Had to edit didn't see the year requirement last night

If they are late model they might still help me. I can always look to see when model changes were, if they are still the same model as current chances are good modulators are the same.

Why are you wanting this information?

KillJoy

It's for work.

I can't get into the details, but all of these cars have (new/additional) functions that are controlled by the same unit as the ABS (what I'm calling the modulator) that we are interested in.

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe is Mando

2013 Hyundai Tucson is Mando

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe is Mobis

Thanks!

Anyone know the general deal with Mobis... I vaguely remember seeing a stamping and/or doing some research in the past that they were actually called Hyundai/Mobis, and that they were a (tier 1 supplier) child company of Hyundai and they make parts/assemble sub assemblies for Hyundai. I'm also remembering something like their modulators are basically Bosch technology with some extra development from Mobis at one point. Though if that was true in the past they may have used that know-how to make their own by this point.

Edit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_Mobis

I also dug up some pics from an 06 Hyundai Sonata we did some work with and the modulator says

H Mobis

ESP

>bosch license<

Where the H is the Hyundai symbol

I guess that's where I was remembering the connections from.

http://wardsauto.com/news-amp-analysis/hyundai-mobis-supply-hyundai-kia-new-braking-system

Hyundai Mobis has developed its own antilock-brake system that it will begin applying to a Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. vehicle sometime in the next few months. The move is expected to save the Korean supplier $20 million annually in royalty payments made to Robert Bosch GmbH. Up to now, Mobis has produced and supplied ABS systems under license from Bosch. The two companies have shared a technical alliance for a number of years. The new ABS system is called the Mobis Electronic Brake, which a ...
Edited by Trouble Maker

Nissan – Frontier (Used to be Conti (probably still is))

Jeep – Wrangler (Conti), Liberty (Bosch), Grand Cherokee (TRW), Compass (Conti), Pathfinder (did you mean Patriot? Conti)

Ford – Explorer (4WD model) (Conti), Raptor (F150) (I think this was TRW)

Mercedes Benz – M-Class (pretty sure this is TRW too - common with the Jeep, but could have changed)

Porsche – Cayenne (was Conti...probably still is)

• Upvote 1

Nissan – Frontier (Used to be Conti (probably still is))

Jeep – Wrangler (Conti), Liberty (Bosch), Grand Cherokee (TRW), Compass (Conti), Pathfinder (did you mean Patriot? Conti)

Ford – Explorer (4WD model) (Conti), Raptor (F150) (I think this was TRW)

Mercedes Benz – M-Class (pretty sure this is TRW too - common with the Jeep, but could have changed)

Porsche – Cayenne (was Conti...probably still is)

Out of this direct industry, still knows more than I do about it. :lolguy:

Do you want me to check on a few other older models by Hyundai? I have a few available if it helps

No need, only interested in the vehicles on the list.

Out of this direct industry, still knows more than I do about it. :lolguy:

No need, only interested in the vehicles on the list.

I worked on the Patriot/Compass/Caliber, Wranger, Nitro (obviously not the Liberty), the pre-2011 Grand Cherokee and had training from a German collegue who worked on the Cayenne. :)

Also spend some time near you competitors test tracks and you'll start to recognize things in the hotel parking lots.

I figure you're either interested in trailer sway control or hill decent control. :)

• 2 weeks later...