Verizon

evan9381

look above...i have google voice, it just sucks, and i can understand with my friends who use it now can be annoyed by having one number to text me on, and my real number to call me on and send pictures (GV doesn't send/receive pics). part of why im ready to be done with it.

i was speaking with someone at vzw online, i guess they said i can sign up for X plan (say 4gb), and if im getting close to it, i can call in and switch it to the 6gb plan and backdate it to the start of that period. so it'd basically give me an extra 2gb for $10 more vs paying $15/gb if i kept the plan and went over.

now to decide, Droid DNA or GS3? anyone know if the DNA has HTC's Sense UI? and which will be easier to root? i remember hearing something about HTC was going to stop doing something with their phones that'll make rooting easier. maybe im pulling shit out of thin air though.

There are other ones out there that use sms and your number. My opinion would be to stay on the unlimited. You can start sending texts through a facebook app or like 1000 other options. Once that unlimited data is gone its gone. If you were going to change with the upgrade anyway then go for it. You will be alerted when you get close to the 4gb so you dont have to worry about being blindsided. Its sense 4.0 if memory serves me right.

My thing is you are paying close to the same price but now have to watch what you are doing with data so that you dont have to watch texts.

There are other ones out there that use sms and your number. My opinion would be to stay on the unlimited. You can start sending texts through a facebook app or like 1000 other options. Once that unlimited data is gone its gone. If you were going to change with the upgrade anyway then go for it. You will be alerted when you get close to the 4gb so you dont have to worry about being blindsided. Its sense 4.0 if memory serves me right.

My thing is you are paying close to the same price but now have to watch what you are doing with data so that you dont have to watch texts.

yeah. its one or the other. with my corporate discount, its like $78/mo now for 450min, 500 texts (unlimited in), and unlimited data, and insurance. with that, its like $86 + insurance for the same but unlimited texts and limited data, so lets call it a $15 difference.

the part that got me thinking, as much as i'd hate to give up unlimited data, a new phone every 2 years out of pocket is $500-600? give or take. on contract, save $400. 400/24 = 20 bucks or so. with the new plan, i can go and bump up my data IF i need to to avoid higher overage charges. right now, im finding i cant bump up my texts to avoid overage fees. and this girl i met, going back and forth with her over the last week has eaten up a couple hundred of them, and my billing cycle is from the 10th. and im at ~380ish now. lol. if i factored in my GV texts, i'd probably be close to 800-1k/month.

Chris, I think to date I've had to speak to the customer service like 3 times with you.. Heres how it always goes. You say something about bloatware and the bad customer service. I show facts that the company you are bashing has been number one for a while in many aspects including customer service for a while now. The customer satisfaction rate of over 1 miilion surveys taken is above 90% (these are the people that call in, the ones with the problems). Ben tells his bad experience, 1-2 other people then chime in with their bad experiences. From there Jones says he's always been treated great along with 5-10 other people that say they have always been treated great. Shortly after the thread dies.

This. I've had 3 different providers and VZW is by far the best I've had.

Only time I remember having no service at all was in the Hocking Hills, pretty sure even people on Verizon didn't have service. But if you're a country bumpkin pig fucker, then you should just stay on Verizon. Chances are you won't get 3G on T-Mo out in BFE. If you travel to other countries, you'll notice that you'll always have a working phone, Verizon not so much.

T-Mo just bought Metro PCS last month, so that will help grow their network and LTE.

I'm sitting in my recliner in the woods outside HH right now with 4 bars and 3G, often I get 4GLTE to light up in here. Some places down here are spotty though. Still a far cry better than AT&T or Sprint.

BBC lol

Dying over here.

This as well.

Not gonna lie, I've generally had amazing customer service.

One thing to remember is that these people are just enforcing policies handed down to them. When they say, "No, you can't keep your old data plan and get a new subsidized phone" they aren't being dicks, just stating a fact.

I just tried to sneak in a Note2 in and thought I got very lucky.

The Pre-Order website was messed up, and allowed me to check out while having "keep existing $29.99 plan" option checked.

When I got my order receipt, it clearly said "with 2Gb plan".

When I called CS, they said that it was obviously an error that they couldn't recreate, and I cancelled my order to avoid getting screwed out of my data plan.

I wasn't mad at the lady, it wasn't her fault, but it sucked all the same. :(

One thing to remember is that these people are just enforcing policies handed down to them. When they say, "No, you can't keep your old data plan and get a new subsidized phone" they aren't being dicks, just stating a fact.

The Pre-Order website was messed up, and allowed me to check out while having "keep existing $29.99 plan" option checked.

When I called CS, they said that it was obviously an error that they couldn't recreate, and I cancelled my order to avoid getting screwed out of my data plan.

I wasn't mad at the lady, it wasn't her fault, but it sucked all the same. :([/QUote]

The stress they have to get customers to like them with being limited in what they can do is crazy. In their world if a customer scores a 7/10 on the survey its a fail. Stuff like the preorder error isnt their fault but they usually get blamed... They get paid pretty well, but its a tough gig.

Any-who, I say upgrade and change then... But only if you dont see yourself going over 6gb ever.

i've got google voice. had it for a while. just getting annoyed with it. i constantly get where text messages freeze going out, or i wont get an incoming text until hours later, or (no lie) even the next day. i guess i can't bitch too much since it IS a free program, but it still not great by any means.

i just finally decided to stop screwing with it and pay the extra whatever for unlimited texting through my real number...come to find out i cant. kicking myself now for not signing up for it back then.

I've had GV for four years and never had issues like that. The only thing I don't like about it is no MMS. At least not on Verizon.

anyone know of a way to get around this? i know the chances are slim. its just annoying they've dropped all the good things i liked about the company that drew me to them years ago.

Use Google Voice and use their messaging service.

EDIT: I guess you tried that already.

You're SOL.

I wasn't mad at the lady, it wasn't her fault, but it sucked all the same. :(

I just ordered a note 2 for a final cost of $95 and got to keep my unlimited data. Happy camper!

This thread makes me grateful for Sprint having seamless Google Voice integration. I haven't had any service issues with Sprint network either, had Verizon before Sprint and in my experience they're comparable. I left Verizon when they first started dropping unlimited data and text, while jacking up plan prices nearly 2 years ago.

I still have my unlimited data plan with unlimited texting and 1500 minutes shared. Its only if you end the cotract or chnage the contract that the data gets limited correct?

You're on VZW? My understanding is if you do ANYTHING with the contract the unlimited data goes away. That also means you have to pay full price for a phone if you want to keep your data plan.

You're on VZW? My understanding is if you do ANYTHING with the contract the unlimited data goes away. That also means you have to pay full price for a phone if you want to keep your data plan.

Yeah I am. We havent changed the contract is over 2 1/2 years. They still offer upgrades on phones at a dicounted rate every 2 years to us. But that was my understanding contract cant be altered if you want to keep unlimited data.

T-mobile here for the last 7 years or so. No issues, yanked Erica from VZW due to multiple poor customer service issues. Treated her poorly in person unless her dad or I was there.

I mean I could care less what happens behind the scenes at T-Mobile, my service has been great, customer service has been flawless. I typically deal with issues in person at the new store over on 5th in upper arlington area. I pay for 2 lines unlimited data 1000 minutes and unltd. text, making payments on 1 phone, and insurance on both for around $120 per month.

Yeah I am. We havent changed the contract is over 2 1/2 years. They still offer upgrades on phones at a dicounted rate every 2 years to us. But that was my understanding contract cant be altered if you want to keep unlimited data.

Of course they offer you a discounted phone with a contract re-up. They want you out of your unlimited plan and into a tiered plan.