Grandpa is Car Shopping - Help me help the elderly :)

spankis

Well, he drove a few cars today. He likes the 300 for sure, but the only certified used one he saw was a 2010 with the 3.5, definite no on that motor obviously but it was a clean car.

Spent a lot of time at the Bob Boyd Ford in Lancaster, he liked and drove a 2011 Escape with the 3.0 V6, loaded with everything. I wasn't aware he was interested in small SUVs, but he used to have a Blazer I guess.

He also sat in a 2011 Fusion and liked it a lot, and commented on the room. He actually acted like he would consider one, though not enough to test drive it I guess.

He REALLY liked the taurus, as expected, but did not drive one because they didn't have a used example somehow. The salesman offered to let us drive a brand new one but grandpa decided to wait until they got a used on in. As of now he is in the hunt for a certified used Taurus with leather and heated seats.

We also stopped at Bobby Layman Cadillac, where we determined that he did not want a Cadillac based on price alone. He did really like a loaded 2012 Impala LTZ they had though, with power everything, leather, and the infamous 3.6L!! It had 28k miles and we test drove it and it drove nicely, but it actually had some engine noise to it lol. It was only at low speeds just above idle, but it did sound almost like a knock or pulsing sound. Almost could have been exhaust/valve overlap kinda sound with the VVT but the fact that Grandpa easily noticed it with his terrible hearing was pretty striking. We mentioned it to the sales guy and he said it would obviously be checked out, but that the car was GM certified and would have a 100k powertrain warranty anyway.

Fun time regardless, even if they were all grandpa cars.

Edited by spankis