Intruders, women, and executions OH MY

schmuckingham

I think he enjoyed this a little too much, I know what it feels like to have unwanted people in my home and one part of me understands but the other part says neutralize the intruder if all else fails.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/26/byron-david-smith-arrested-murder-haile-kifer-nicholas-brady_n_2190846.html#slide=1801868

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I support his end result regardless if they were armed or not. I'd have found a way to make them "armed" and then called the cops and rule #1, only talk to a lawyer.

Another case of where someone put themselves in jail by flapping their jaw....oh.....and firing one too many shots.

With the number of break-ins that occurred and with previous thefts including guns, I would have to assumed they would be armed.

Waiting till the next day to admit there was a shooting after cops had been called to the house for "suspicious activity", thats where things start going in the wrong direction for him.

I'm sure people are sad that these two kids are dead, but they're still criminals that were involved in highly dangerous activities.

I'm all for defending your house against intruders but executing unarmed kids that break into your house (doing criminal activities) after he shot them and neutralized the situation isn't right at all. Hope he rots in prison. He talks about doing finishing shots n shit :(

This reminds me of that one store clerk out west awhile back who had 3 kids break into his store. He shot 1 and walked up to him while he laid on the ground and shot him again. He's in prison now.

I'm all for defending your house against intruders but executing unarmed kids that break into your house (doing criminal activities) isn't right at all. Hope he rots in prison. He talks about doing finishing shots n shit :(

Unarmed or not, IMO if you break into someone's home you deserve to be shot dead. Kids or not I don't care. Again, find a way to arm a dead person if need be. Rid the world of scum.

Unarmed or not, IMO if you break into someone's home you deserve to be shot dead. Kids or not I don't care. Again, find a way to arm a dead person if need be. Rid the world of scum.

lol shooting kids dead because they break into your home :dumb: I would beat some ass but would never kill kids unless I felt my life was threatened. His life wasn't.

arming a dead kid to cover your stupidity. :dumb:

USUALLY, i'm 100% for using fatal force in house intrusions but to shoot kids breaking into your house, then shoot them multiple times AFTER you neutralize them and even do finishing death shots is fucked up. The fact that you feel fine about this is sickening

lol shooting kids dead because they break into your home :dumb: I would beat some ass but would never kill kids unless I felt my life was threatened. His life wasn't.

if someone breaks into your home, kid or not, again these were teens who are capable of hurting you as an adult, they don't deserve just an ass whooping. Doing so sounds great but even a punk teen can fight back and that's not worth any sweat. Bang, dead, over, I personally wouldn't feel too bad. Especially given all I've worked for an have at stake in my family's safety. Zero chances need be taken to protect a kid who's balls just dropped yet decided to play burgler.

fuck the law and bullshit around being armed or not. entering my home falls under my law not that of some pussy politicians who feel they need to guide how I protect my family. We give bad guys way way too much leniency and protection under the law. Time to level the playing field a bit.

fuck the law and bullshit around being armed or not. entering my home falls under my law not that of some pussy politicians who feel they need to guide how I protect my family. We give bad guys way way too much leniency and protection under the law. Time to level the playing field a bit.

Agreed. The geezer went overboard and obviously shouldn't have let them lay around in his house for a day, but they were old enough to know what they were doing and he was alone in a house with previous break-ins and had no idea whether they were armed or what their intentions were. Shoot first, ask questions later. Or just continue to shoot.

My final thought on this whole matter before I drop it and move on is if you plan on killing any intruder that comes into your house USE A GUN THAT WILL BE CAPABLE OF 1 SHOT KILLS. Not some pussy mini14 where you gotta shoot them a bunch with .223 ammo until your shit jams then play with your .22cal pistol after to do "finishing moves"

Get a 12ga shotgun, load up with 00buck and aim for chest/head. THE END.

USUALLY, i'm 100% for using fatal force in house intrusions but to shoot kids breaking into your house, then shoot them multiple times AFTER you neutralize them and even do finishing death shots is fucked up. The fact that you feel fine about this is sickening

Well said ;)

I missed the part where I said I was fine doing the finishing shots. In terms of shooting and calling it a day after just simply neutralizing them...that's dumb. Kill them or don't shoot at all. Dead people can't argue in court.

Well intruders in my home will be treated as armed. However executing a teenage girl writhing on the ground, then yapping your jaw about 'clean finishing shots', to the police? Dude's a fucking quack and I don't care if he gets life.

The teenagers were acting in a criminal manner. As a result, it's difficult to defend them, and a bit less difficult to feel sorry for them.

However, the homeowner/shooter sounds psychopathic, based on what I've read in the article. And, by psychopathic, I mean psychopathic in the proper usage of the term: callous, unempathic, calculating, and sadistic.

Did the teenagers deserve to be shot? I don't know, but I know it's difficult to argue against them crying foul if they were.

Did the homeowner act criminally? Again, I don't know - I'm not a cop, a lawyer, a judge, or a jury - but it sure seems like he acted immorally. From his description, he seemed to relish in executing two trespassers - which goes way beyond what I think is the spirit of the law, which is that you are allowed to defend your home/your life.

The teenagers were acting in a criminal manner. As a result, it's difficult to defend them, and a bit less difficult to feel sorry for them.

However, the homeowner/shooter sounds psychopathic, based on what I've read in the article. And, by psychopathic, I mean psychopathic in the proper usage of the term: callous, unempathic, calculating, and sadistic.

Did the teenagers deserve to be shot? I don't know, but I know it's difficult to argue against them crying foul if they were.

Did the homeowner act criminally? Again, I don't know - I'm not a cop, a lawyer, a judge, or a jury - but it sure seems like he acted immorally. From his description, he seemed to relish in executing two trespassers - which goes way beyond what I think is the spirit of the law, which is that you are allowed to defend your home/your life.

you're making way too much sense today. stop posting from work and wait until you're home with a drink in hand. :gabe:

He had the right idea staying in one part of the house and not "clearing" rooms but other than that he failed. After the male went down he was good but dragging him is a no no, should have left him there. Secondly the girl surprises the hell out me, she hears shots not knowing who pulled the trigger and goes downstairs. So it either means they spoke about killing the man if he was home or she is incredibly retarded and wanted to check things out. Most sane people run from gun shots especially of your in the process of a B&E so that might mean drugs where involved.

If he had left the male laying there she may or may not have come down stairs, if she had and he fired and she is still breathing you call the police. Tell the dispatcher your home was broken into and that shots where fired and two people need medical care and that is all you say.

My final thought on this whole matter before I drop it and move on is if you plan on killing any intruder that comes into your house USE A GUN THAT WILL BE CAPABLE OF 1 SHOT KILLS. Not some pussy mini14 where you gotta shoot them a bunch with .223 ammo until your shit jams then play with your .22cal pistol after to do "finishing moves"

Finishing moves is all kinds of fucked up. But 1 shot kills? You need to go take a defensive handgun course. No instrutor in their right mind will tell you to shoot someone once and hope he drops. You shoot him and keep on firing till he drops, then you follow him to the ground with your gun to make sure the threat is neutralized. The number of rounds doesn’t matter when you’re shooting in a self-defense situation, because we shoot to stop our threat. If you shoot 3 rounds at the guy running at you, and you see him keel over and lay there incapacitated, then it took 3 rounds to stop him. But if it takes a whole magazine, it takes a whole magazine.

If you are more advanced at handgun defense and CQC, I don't see any problems using failure drills on the threat.

The dumbass here should have called the police and called a lawyer and kept his mouth shut right after it happened.

3 teenagers broke into my wife's uncles house a few years ago. It was dark. Be busted off a few rounds, hit one in the back. Kid is paralyzed now.

I am not saying what he did is justified from a moral standpoint on his side, but a someone who is breaking into someones home, you have no excuse to not understand that activity may very well cost you your life.

Legally, I personally don't think there should be ramifications. They broke into his house, he shot them. Maybe if people knew that if you get caught breaking into someones house, that person cat shoot you, hack off your limbs, and toss you in a freezer, people would perhaps think twice about breaking into the homes of others.

From a moral standpoint though, I would have a hard time justifying my actions with finishing shots and such. Shoot them, a lot, them gtfo and call the cops.

3 teenagers broke into my wife's uncles house a few years ago. It was dark. Be busted off a few rounds, hit one in the back. Kid is paralyzed now.

I am not saying what he did is justified from a moral standpoint on his side, but a someone who is breaking into someones home, you have no excuse to not understand that activity may very well cost you your life.

Legally, I personally don't think there should be ramifications. They broke into his house, he shot them. Maybe if people knew that if you get caught breaking into someones house, that person cat shoot you, hack off your limbs, and toss you in a freezer, people would perhaps think twice about breaking into the homes of others.

From a moral standpoint though, I would have a hard time justifying my actions with finishing shots and such. Shoot them, a lot, them gtfo and call the cops.

But they were kids and those young lives are ended never to be fullfilled.

:dumb:

Seriously, people get off way to easy for breaking the law. Not knowing any better is hitting a mailbox with a bat from a moving car but to break into and enter another's home you know that is wrong. You do not just accidentally wind up in someone house, that is on purpose and planned out and upon doing so you waive any rights of being defended.