any residential hvac experts?

russian rocket

hey guys, i was wondering if anyone with some hvac knowledge can help me out. i had a hvac company come out today and install an additional thermostat because i just installed an outdoor wood boiler. anyways long story short, they hooked up an additional tstat but the new one does not turn the blower on if i have the fan set on auto and heat. if i turn the fan to on, it turns the blower on but it also turns the ac condenser on. the guy utilized the existing harness because it had two free wires. the orange wire is hooked up to R on the furnace and RC on the tstat. the blue wire is hooked up to G on the furnace and G on the tstat. i have tried switching the orange wire to RH and still the same result. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/kliped/2012-11-29_18-40-28_503.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/kliped/2012-11-29_18-40-03_145.jpg

just to make things clear, the only thing this new tstat needs to do is kick on the furnace blower when it gets below a certain temp. if my outdoor boiler ever goes out, the original tstat will kick on the furnace to keep the house warm.

Im very unfamiliar with this setup.....But in all reality, most stats with a single Transformer source, jumper the RH and RC. However, if you do this and you have to transformers, you will blow one. What your showing isnt really clear what going to and from what. I do this for a living and looking at your pics and reading your description has me scratching my head. Give me a little bit clearer descrption and Ill try to help you. Do you have and know how to use a Meter?

Im very unfamiliar with this setup.....But in all reality, most stats with a single Transformer source, jumper the RH and RC. However, if you do this and you have to transformers, you will blow one. What your showing isnt really clear what going to and from what. I do this for a living and looking at your pics and reading your description has me scratching my head. Give me a little bit clearer descrption and Ill try to help you. Do you have and know how to use a Meter?

i tried the jumper and that didnt work either. the orange wire is hooked to the R on the furnace and RC on the tstat. the blue wire is hooked to the G on the furnace and G on the tstat. those are the only two wires running from the furnace to the new tstat. the only thing i want this new tstat to do is to turn the blower on when it gets below a certain temp. currently the way it is wired, if you set the tstat to heat and leave the fan on auto, it will not kick on the blower when its below that temp that is set. if you set the fan onto "on" it turns the furnace blower on but also turns on the ac condenser.

i do have a multi meter.

why not call the people who installed it and have them fix it?

i did that and the guy who did the work, started his vacation and they said everyone else was booked until monday. i called back and went off on them and they said they will call me in the morning and see if they can get someone out to me. the kicker is that their boss is on vacation til sometime next week. last time i use this fucking company.

If I am understanding you, why and where did the new stat go? From what I get, you need to put the wire on the new stat, on the W terminal, and then on the G terminal at the furnace. That would cause any temperature below your setpoint in heat mode to send a signal out on "W" and where you land it will determine what it does. "G" is Fan....so if "W" goes to "G" when its belowe your ssetpoing when set to heat on that partiicular stat, your blower should start.

ok guys, problem solved and forcefed you are right, the g wire (blue) should have gone to the w on the new stat. that fixed my problem. btw there are 3 wires on the g and 3 wires on the r because there is an additional argo relay hooked up for emergancy, if the boiler were to get up to 200*, it would activate the argo relay and in turn, turn the blower on so that it could cool down the outdoor furnace.

it is a royal cluterfuck....That why I need a shot farther back to decipher WTF is going where. too many duplicate colors. No matter, they guys still an idiot, because if I understand him right, he needs the "W" hooked up at the stat...Most stats dont send a signal out on "G" for a call for heat....only for cooling and Fan "ON".....so thats why it wouldnt come on when it got too cold.