Cant make up my mind on a vehicle.

Johny Utah

Yeah, I love those IS300's but overall they are a little overpriced for what you're getting.

5-8k isnt that over priced for a 4 door 5 speed lexus with a powerhouse of a engine.

if a person was going to keep it stock with the exception of say wheels and tires, then i would go with a early model g35. more horsepower out of the box, and pretty good interior etc.

Do the supercharged 04-08 have the same transmission as the 05-08 gxp V8?

internally yes i believe they are pretty similar, but they deal with less power so they tend to last alot longer.

pretty much like scott said though, pretty much anything GM with the 3.8 is going to be a good car. i picked up my 2000 bonneville with 74K miles, interior was mint exterior was great minus a few light scratches, for 6500. mine isnt the supercharged one, but it has enough ass to get out of its own way, and gets 32 mph freeway

Thats to bad about the 05-08 GXP I text drove a couple a few years ago. I thought they were fun to drive.

I bought mine after doing a 5 day at Bondurant in 2005 where it was the FWD Car we were taught in. Had it around the course on the ass of the CTS-V in the corners. Was really set up well just not to last.

The other crap shoot with them was the stock drilled rotors would crack.

I really dont want anything I cant count on everyday. I was looking into 05 A4's but then heard they might not be the most reliable.
they are great, but you need to make sure things like timing belt and water pump where done. A nice Quattro B6 A4 1.8t gets my vote.

Oh yeah saab 9-7 can be had for under 10k and they have the ls2 in them. Just a reskinned trailblazer ss but better interior
Yeah and if you get into a wreak you will not have any parts to put it back together with. Value of them are way down right now too.

Yeah and if you get into a wreak you will not have any parts to put it back together with. Value of them are way down right now too.

a bit dramatic don't you think? if it is seriously that fucked up why would you put it back together in the first place. plenty of fenders and bumpers floating around if its minor.

a bit dramatic don't you think? if it is seriously that fucked up why would you put it back together in the first place. plenty of fenders and bumpers floating around if its minor.
It is to the point that any Byers lot will not take any Saab without a cash offer from someone else. Parts are harder then you think.

Why bother with a TL if you can get an Accord for less. I've driven both and the interiors are the exact same and they drive the same. TL does look better, not sure if it has more power but buying an Acura, Infiniti, Lexus is such a fucking rip.

I would disagree and in that price range you aren't getting the best one either.

Your last statement is like saying "why buy an Audi when a VW is the same thing?" ;)

04/05 Acura TSX only 200hp but 30-32MPG and HUGE aftermarket I mean it's just a fancy Euro Accord

04+ Nissan Maxima 265hp 28mpg

If you're lucky you can find v6 07+ Camrys's for 10k

Your best bet would be a 04+ Acura TL though

I hear CarMax doesn't take them in period also. Just FYI.

2001 - 2005 Lexus IS300. Dead reliable, right-wheel drive, holds value. Make sure the timing belt has been done ($1200). About 20mpg around town and 25mpg on the highway.

Rich

That was a dream car to me, but after driving the A4 I just could do the IS. I'm AWD for life!

If I were to get a 02 audi a4 1.8t auto with around 100,000 miles. As long as the timing belt is done it should be a reliable car? What kind of gas millage should it get?
If quattro 24-26 in town, 28-32 highway. Might see more if a 6-speed, but those are based of my 5-speed I have.

You own an Automatic Audi A4 :no: :barf:
No. It is a 5-Speed manual that is under the knife getting at 2.7TT swapped in. Just haven't had time to get out to the garage to get working on it. I have everything mince the exhaust. I'm doing either the S4 or RS4(twin or quad exhaust). There might be some small stuff, but not much more.