What's the lowest you've known some one paying for an engagement ring?

Browning

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A buddy of mine met some whore and proposed to her after 3 months. Yeah, he's kind of a moron. He bought her ring at an antique store or flea market or garage sale, something along those lines, I can't remember. He paid $120 for some old ugly piece of shit with a tiny little diamond. Seriously, it was the ugliest ring I had ever seen. He tried to justify the purchase by saying it was "classic" because it was made in 1936 or some shit like that. They broke up a week later, and the ring didn't even fit to begin with :lol:

Like others said, buy what you can afford. As long as she loves you, she'll love the ring. Who cares how much or little it costs, just buy something you think she will like.

If she loves you and knows your situation, the ring shouldn't matter to her. They are nothing more than a piece to showoff to friends any damn way...

That said I spent $9600 lol

13k here between engagement ring/wedding band... come get some!

its a 100% certainty that both of your girls have Princess/Entitlement syndrome

:barf: :barf: :barf:

I can just see a convo like this happening between you guys and ur girls.

"Will you marry me? (shows wife-to-be a $3k engagement ring). What the fuck is this? Some sort of joke?!?!? You better take this poverty fucking ring back to the kiosk you got it at and get me something nice!! Don't come back home if it's not work at least $9000. I'm entitled to better shit then this! I dont marry fucking brokedick losers! Yes dear. okay.jpg"

I would say put a spy in place to stumble upon a store, get the right size and an idea of what she is looking for in a ring. Remember the ring is a conversation piece. Its something that is going to be the focal point of many of her conversations for the first few months after you propose... and occasional conversations afterwards for as long as its on her hand. A proud woman doesnt need a nice ring, but its always good to hear "Damn, he must really love you!". A good ring will open you up to random sexual encounters due to positive attention given to her as result of that ring. Some guys see it as just a ring... smart guys see it as being woken up to freshly cooked bacon on a random Tuesday.

It doesnt have to cost a fortune, it just has to be done in good taste with a lot of love and thought. I got my wife her ring when I was 19. I only paid a few hundred for it. Since then many rings have been made like it but she refuses to take it off or let me upgrade her. I hate that it looks like something everyone else has now, but she loves it and thats what matters. We will be celebrating our 14th anniversary in March.

Buy a used ring or a certified lab diamond. real diamonds are a joke imho because the certified ones look BETTER then real.

I've looked at various Lab diamonds compared to my wifes VS Real diamond and they all have a better bling

Whatever you do, ignore ^this fucking guy^.

Diamonds are not rare. Check your PM's.

-Marc

here's the one I found that I think might work. Not a typical engagement ring I suppose but it could function as a ring for her other hand should she want something else.

http://i.imgur.com/Kxskp.jpg

stupid?

My wife likes it. She added, "tell him to consider blue".

its a 100% certainty that both of your girls have Princess/Entitlement syndrome

:barf: :barf: :barf:

I can just see a convo like this happening between you guys and ur girls.

"Will you marry me? (shows wife-to-be a $3k engagement ring). What the fuck is this? Some sort of joke?!?!? You better take this poverty fucking ring back to the kiosk you got it at and get me something nice!! Don't come back home if it's not work at least $9000. I'm entitled to better shit then this! I dont marry fucking brokedick losers! Yes dear. okay.jpg"

Errrr, not quite. That was entertaining though. She had no idea I was going to propose. I purchased it all on my own. She was certainly happy with it. Sumbitch went on my Homeowners policy right away.

As I said, the size and cost should not matter. If it does, she wants married for all the wrong reasons.

Errrr, not quite. That was entertaining though. She had no idea I was going to propose. I purchased it all on my own. She was certainly happy with it. Sumbitch went on my Homeowners policy right away.

As I said, the size and cost should not matter. If it does, she wants married for all the wrong reasons.

Bingo, picked hers out as well.

Well since I got married at 19 I had no money or credit. She picked it out and financed it, sounds kinda lame but she loves me. She's still here 12 years later. Everybody is different, I felt like a schmuck but she was happy and thats what mattered.

Yep. I spent a total of $600 or so for both our rings. I was 21, she was 19. Still married today and doing fine. Price of the ring shouldn't matter if you're getting married but that's my opinion. You're supposed to be in love.. not how big the rock is on her finger.

You should get a .25 cent ring from the vending machine and she should be happy.

• 3 weeks later...
said yes btw. Almost canceled plans since we were at the er for like 5 hours last night with our 16 month old son. Today was crazy and he didn't feel like opening anything so we did for him as he sat on my lap. After that it was game time. Was nervous as ever.

its your (her) ring....as long as she likes it. get some hints form her, i guarantee shes been dropping them. Also get a stone guy and build a ring from there. After i secured my stones i payed less than $500 for a ring and setting.

This is what i did. Bought the stone then the ring, Saved a lot

I just proposed 3 weeks ago (Dec 5th). Most nerve racking shit I've ever done in my life.

With that said, I think the engagement ring was $2600 and the band was $700 if I bought them together. Walked out for around $3300-3400 after tax and that included both.

Glad you got her something nice man. Good luck. Mine is already planning the wedding and we are doing June 2014.