Those who own multiple guns In 1 caliber. Why???

Rustlestiltskin

Now before I get comments, I understand if you have a 9mm compact for ccw and a sub compact/fullsize 9mm for home defense or for plinking. What I do not understand is people who buy 2 or more of the same shotguns, or 2 full size pistols of the same caliber or 2 AR15 5.56's. Yes, you could have 2 rifles set up to do diferent things but why not just have 1 of each firearm that is a multi purpose gun. Thats my idea of thinking. Every firearm I own is the only 1 of that caliber and that its also a multi-purpose firearm. I'm not gonna buy 1 AR15 for close ups and then buy one to put a scope on.

What I'm getting at is why don't people own just 1 overall multi-purpose firearm of each caliber instead of buying multiple firearms of that caliber. I just kinda lol then say wtf when I hear people on CR talking about they just bought their 3rd of whatever.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Collections.

And because when SHTF guns will have a monetary value. Can be used for trading, unlike that toaster that requires electricity that nobody can afford because the dollar is meaningless.

Edited by jeffro

All that's been said. That said, I only have 1 duplicate and it's a .357. One is a snub nose. The shorty is for the wife.

Otherwise, I try and pull down different types at various events throughout the year. As noted, cheaper than cars, cooler than stamps and worth ever bit what I buy them for even after having fun with them.

In the end, if you aren't familiar with the many different models and styles of guns, even among the same brand and in turn how they differ when in use, then I can see this being an honest question. Brush up on the differences, enjoy some time behind each one and you'll quickly see that no two guns are exactly alike.

Weapons are an investment you can enjoy. I'm appreciating them more in a "how they work" way, therefore I have am interest in different build design for same caliber. For instance a Chinese SKS and an AK shoot the same round. However, they fire very differently. The SKS with almost no recoil and top ejection, and the AK has a little kick that just feels awesome.

I was looking a French WWII rifle I looked at recently. It was just freaking cool and the price was not bad. So it's cool, I'll take it for being unique.

Weapons are tools. Sometimes it's nice to have a several different tools to work with. And just like same size wrenches, it's nice to have some that are shorter, longer, or maybe has a bend in them.

What I'm getting at is why don't people own just 1 overall multi-purpose firearm of each caliber instead of buying multiple firearms of that caliber. I just kinda lol then say wtf when I hear people on CR talking about they just bought their 3rd of whatever.

What happens if that 1 firearm fails you?

You're zombie fodder.

/thread.

:lolguy: