YJ Wranglers for under $4k?

zeitgeist57

Emboldened by my nearly-successful, tractor-paint job on Cleetus, I'm looking into my next project. Both my wife and I had Suzuki Samurai's growing up in high school, and I would like to look into another 4WD open-top driver for cruising or rough-weather DD work.

I'd like to try to get a relatively basic (no A/C or power accessories) Wrangler to fix up cosmetically, and run around town. Something I can enjoy on great days with the family. Paint/bodywork doesn't bother me, since I like the way my truck came out and would be satisfied doing some rust patching on flat panels and painting the body myself for cheap.

Any reputable places to look at for used Jeeps? Anyone on CR know of a friend/family member/neighbor that has one possibly for sale? Anyone on here that had a YJ and can give opinions on owning one? I wouldn't be towing or doing heavy mods for off-roading...

There is (as of last week) a red one for sale on Allen Road in Pickerington, between 256 and Stemen road. There has also been another one for sale in Pataskala, not far from the school on Watkins road between Rt. 16 and I-40. I believe it was red as well. If you're interested I can stop and see what they're asking at some point.

4BT swap :)

I picked up a 95 YJ 4.0 Sahara only needing a new top and radio for 5k eight years ago. After squeezing on a set of 31x11.5 BFGs I had a reliable DD fully capable of weekend off roading madness and an ideal college car. Anyways it can be done. Got it in dayton off a private owner via the ancient technique of looking in the newspaper. Edited by Sturg