Turbo Ls1 Camaro, On 3 Performance's first F-Body kit

On3Performance

I have chatted with a few people in the past about at some point designing and offering a 4th gen turbo system. I do also have a 5th gen system we have developed, its a single kit as well. More details to come on that setup once its closer to a release date. There was some doubt and other people saying its not possible to do a kit at the price level I said I would release it at. Well, the first car is done(most of the way for now) and up running on its own. I have done it for years with the Mustangs and wanted to branch out

After discussing with v8matt over a year ago, he started a mock up on his car. Schedule was a little too tight and he brought his car over for me to throw together a mocked up system. While we had his car, we completed 2 different kits, first a setup around stock suspension that loses the a/c. Then swapped out the kmember, installed the a/c back on the car and designed a 2nd system for people requiring a system that keeps the a/c. I did keep the radiator in the stock location for both systems so there is no need to stand up the radiator

Its been a long time in the developing and manufacturing stages but its just about ready to start shipping around the end of this month. The first system without a/c is pretty simple. Its going to include our 70mm turbo standard and built around the cast manifolds and we built a custom ypipe to merge. Then designed a downpipe that goes the full length to the existing catback. I didnt like how most kits out there now just have partial downpipes. We did the cold side out of aluminum, 2.5 into the intercooler and 3" to the throttle body. Its going to also include the intercooler, 50mm bov, vbanded 44mm wastegate, oil supply/drain, couplers, billet alternator relocation, clamps, hardware, etc. Both of the kits will be available under $1999 and we have quite a few other options that we will be able to do with the kits as well

I ended up buying a pretty beat up 98 z28 automatic car to finish up the testing with over the summer. I swapped in the BMR turbo kmember and have completed the final fitment and testing on this car. Only other mods I have done to this point have been upgraded injectors, On 3 76mm journal turbo(just had it laying around), 4" intercooler and our custom bronze gear scavenge pump.

As of right now I dont have any dyno numbers, its just a base map on the car right now and a 5psi spring in the gate. With this being my first f-body car I have ever owned, its pretty impressing. The car runs and drive just about like a stock car, no weird suspension or vibrations at all. I really dont plan on pushing this car but Im sure we will have some customers right out of the bat that will put it to the test quickly. My car has 155k on it and dont thing she will like too much more boost.

Anyways just wanted to post up some details on the build and where the car stands as of right now. Ill update it as I get feedback, videos, photos, whatever

Now to the stuff people skip to, photos:

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj77/on3p/DSC05565.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj77/on3p/DSC05562.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj77/on3p/DSC05567.jpg

This is the custom cast manifold we opened a mould to do. This is the key to the a/c turbo setup and cool as its vbanded right out of the box. Im also considering opening 2 new moulds to offer the truck manifolds vbanded for future production kits and for custom builds

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj77/on3p/DSC06049.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj77/on3p/DSC05517.jpg

This is an optional kit we will offer that Im putting together for around $99. Its a power steering line kit which will be including all the fittings, high pressure line on the one side and a standard black braided nylon hose for the return. Any of those that have build one of these cars knows its hard to get the lines out of the way and are easily collapsed when bending by hand

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj77/on3p/DSC06061.jpg

I hope to be on ls1tech as a sponsor so Im able to push the product, make facts straight and keep things in line. I know its going to be a mess getting started but just have to prove myself like everyone else. Anyone else on here active in the power adder area?

More photos and details to come soon

• Upvote 1

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is also a photo of the setup when I still had the stock suspension on the car and tested with the first kit which used stock suspension but ditches the a/c:

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj77/on3p/DSC05379.jpg

I was able to really get both of them tucked up really well and able to keep ground clearance to a maximum.

One thing on both of these kits, scavenge pumps are a must. I see others selling kits with the turbo even slightly lower and it just doesnt work. The pumps are a must but we are working with another manufacture to get a bronze gear pump made. Should be able to offer them right around $140 hopefully with the kits if everything goes as planned. The first pump is on my car right now and flawless to this point, they are just a little noisy

This is the non-ac kit which is tucked up just a bit higher as the floor pan give us a little more room to work with on this side. Both are up as high as possible, 3" downpipe by the way

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj77/on3p/DSC05381.jpg

Bumper back on showing how the intercooler sits in the grill

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj77/on3p/DSC05387.jpg

I had some scrap aluminum laying around so I cut it up and made a deflector to help push air though to the radiator and also work as a mounting point for 2 brackets to the radiator. I havent done the brackets yet but the plates on the car.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj77/on3p/DSC05911-1.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj77/on3p/DSC06155.jpg

Ive been waiting for this post for MONTHS! Awesome!

The setup that uses the BMR K-Member comes with your manifolds included? Does the A/C setup ditch the PowerSteering?

I was kind of confused about your kits and what manifolds they use (Truck, your custom cast, or what).

Would like some more info on exactly what each kit has and needs to be done for them.

Both of the systems will come with the manifolds as part of the kit. I would never ditch the p/s, it will stay in the stock location and I just recommend doing our line kit we are making to keep them away from the hot parts and installs much more clean than bending the stock lines out of the way.

The non-ac setup is designed around the truck manifolds but we cast them so they are all brand new and so we can just include as part of the kits standard. The a/c kit uses our truck manifold on the dr. side but the pass. side is our custom v-banded manifold you see above. Any other questions let me know

You can find more details on my site, the button photos are wrong but the kit details are correct. They just used the fox button layout for the ls1 on accident when doing my site and havent updated it yet.

I mocked this up the other day as I didnt really like how the tensioner was designed to work and truthfully it didnt work well. I had a guy from ls1tech a year or two ago give me a drawling for an alternator relocation setup. I ended up having the bracket cut but made my own tensioner setup that works out really good. This will be standard with each kit as well

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj77/on3p/DSC06156.jpg

Interested, but skeptical....

Sure a lot of people are, thats why I buy the cars I design kits around generally to prove whats being sold. What are you skeptical about? I drive the cars, take them to the track, dyno, etc to prove what I sell. People are always skeptical till they see the products in action. Not everyone is going to approve of what Im doing, I have learned that and more than ok with it. But there is going to be a large amount of people which will purchase and enjoy the setup.

I would not hesitate one second to use this kit. Truck manifolds and c6 manifolds have been proven time and time again. Have seen plenty of chads kits last and make good power. For a turbo kit for under 2g that you can upgrade turbos or other parts at a later time if you need to is awesome. Thanks for bringing affordable performance to the aftermarket world!

hell I use a 130.00 4" cxracing intercooler to make over 1000 at the tire. no problems

Freaking sweet.. Hopefully there will be some turbo ls out on the streets this year! I have c6 manifolds as well.. You want to make bank? Design a TT kit for the c6 vettes.. Cheapest I found is 5,800$ and that's for the base kit!! Doesn't look that hard making a kit for them either

Very interesting. Will you also sell parts of the kits for those of use that have already started our projects?

I do sometimes split up kits, in most cases we will leave out a turbo or wastegate depending on what product some people already have purchased. As far as tubing though, I dont split that up just due to the way we run productions.

Freaking sweet.. Hopefully there will be some turbo ls out on the streets this year! I have c6 manifolds as well.. You want to make bank? Design a TT kit for the c6 vettes.. Cheapest I found is 5,800$ and that's for the base kit!! Doesn't look that hard making a kit for them either

I have talked with a few people about doing one and Im sure its something Ill start on in the near future. I really just want to get the 4 turbo systems shipping out the door I've been working on producing for the last year and a half. Its for sure an application I will cover, it will just come down to getting a car to design around. Its time consuming and not many people want to part with their cars for very long. It will all just come down to someone loaning a car for the design stage.

I can build a production kit for less than $4000 on the c6 platform. The 2011 5.0 Mustang twin setup is being released this month, its fairly complex and will hit the market at $3,739. Thats standard with the On 3 ceramic ball bearing 60's as well

My Trans Am is an M6 and I've heard some people talking about how bad they are to drive with a turbo. I would like to use this kit and be somewhere in the 600 WHP range. I drive the car daily. How feasable would it be to use this kit and be at my power goals while maintaining good street manors? The motor I have is a 402 9.1:1 with ported 243's and a COMP .614/.624 114 LSA 227/243 @ .050, a FAST 90 TB/intake. I do want the A/C kit.

My Trans Am is an M6 and I've heard some people talking about how bad they are to drive with a turbo. I would like to use this kit and be somewhere in the 600 WHP range. I drive the car daily. How feasable would it be to use this kit and be at my power goals while maintaining good street manors? The motor I have is a 402 9.1:1 with ported 243's and a COMP .614/.624 114 LSA 227/243 @ .050, a FAST 90 TB/intake. I do want the A/C kit.

You will need a decent fuel system/injectors... Useally the good thing about turbo kits there's only 3 limiting factors.. First your fuel system, then motor.. Lastly your turbo.. It won't take much boost to hit 600whp and I'm sure this kit will past that easy