The NEXT thing Mark's car will dominate

dover

Guess you better get that Z Dover so you can start building. :)

Haha, mine will be bolt-ons with a small shot, not like these guys! I am friends with quite a few people in the "fast" group down there in Texas so I hope we can get a few cars from up here to head down. It's invite only but I don't see why'd they have a problem with a big HP Orange Z :)

Marks car is built for 1/4... Would like to see it in the mile run. Would make huge news for carlye racing to go to lethal,lmr, and ugr's playground..there's supposed to be some big powered vettes out that way next year.(BamBams 1,500rwhp m6 street vette). If carlye decided to go I might have to make a road trip to see this...

Marks car is built for 1/4... Would like to see it in the mile run. Would make huge news for carlye racing to go to lethal,lmr, and ugr's playground..there's supposed to be some big powered vettes out that way next year.(BamBams 1,500rwhp m6 street vette). If carlye decided to go I might have to make a road trip to see this...

Mark's car is built for 1/4 mile?? :dumb: no shit. This was directed towards people that actually know whats going on behind the scenes with the car.

Soo what your telling me... Carlye racing is in the process of building the 1/4 race car for mile events? Be crazy to have a car run a 6.x 1/4.. Swap the gears/trans and run a 230+mile! Not trying to step on balls but lmr's c6 still has all the street accesories.. That impressed me.

Soo what your telling me... Carlye racing is in the process of building the 1/4 race car for mile events? Be crazy to have a car run a 6.x 1/4.. Swap the gears/trans and run a 230+mile! Not trying to step on balls but lmr's c6 still has all the street accesories.. That impressed me.

Jesus fuck. It's CARLYLE.

Would be pretty interesting for Mark's car to run the mile, especially considering its horsepower advantage over most of the other cars running.

As a tuner I am going to chime in.

I have seen the car in person and up close. Let me say it is a work of art. The guys at IPS have one awesome car. I hope I am not over stepping my bounds here. Given the power of the car I imagine it would take a number passes starting with a 1/4 mile and working up to a mile to get the car dialed in. I could be wrong but I imagine Patrick would spend a lot time getting the car dialed in. Not only to make a bunch of power. But to make it live for a mile. The power of this car in my opinion is insane and the tune up has to be spot on to be under that kind of stress.

To be 100% honest I wish I could look over Patrick shoulder to see what all is involved in tuning a car of this power. Makes 1000hp street car look like a walk in the park.

Obviously the car would not need to be on kill to out run the cars at the top of this already. I could see Mark's mph being faster in the half mile then all the other cars in the mile.

Congrats to Mark and the IPS team for their success with the car.

I'd like to see Mark come out and run with them.

Before everyone starts comparing times/speeds, etc. People forget that these events have ZERO track prep. His car wouldn't run anywhere near a 6-sec 1/4 on that surface. He has the power but (like many others) getting it to the ground is always going to be the problem.

Would love to see him come out and run it at a half or 1-Mile event and see what it/he can do... :thumbup:

As a tuner I am going to chime in.

I have seen the car in person and up close. Let me say it is a work of art. The guys at IPS have one awesome car. I hope I am not over stepping my bounds here. Given the power of the car I imagine it would take a number passes starting with a 1/4 mile and working up to a mile to get the car dialed in. I could be wrong but I imagine Patrick would spend a lot time getting the car dialed in. Not only to make a bunch of power. But to make it live for a mile. The power of this car in my opinion is insane and the tune up has to be spot on to be under that kind of stress.

To be 100% honest I wish I could look over Patrick shoulder to see what all is involved in tuning a car of this power. Makes 1000hp street car look like a walk in the park.

Obviously the car would not need to be on kill to out run the cars at the top of this already. I could see Mark's mph being faster in the half mile then all the other cars in the mile.

Congrats to Mark and the IPS team for their success with the car.

What? You mean you just don't plop one of these cars down and just mash the gas?

I have been to the Ohio Mile a couple of times and let me tell you it is not easy from what I have seen. I got a whole new respect for anybody who tries to run their junk wide open for an entire mile.

It's not even about that, it's that it's over in just 4, 6, 7, 8-seconds whatever...it's tough for me to get excited about that. At least in a Mile or somewhere like Bonneville you are WFO until you are out of gear, traction, blowup, whatever, etc....lol.

Then again, I'll never have a designated RACE CAR. My stuff is 100% street-able and could be ridden/driven across country to a race go 200+ and drive home. But that's what I like and build, I don't/won't own a one trick pony.. ;)

The best part is we can all choose what we like and build/race whatever we each want... :fuckyeah:

I agree it would be awesome to be involved in a car that can set records in the standing mile. Id have to research more than I have (which is none) but is there a car that is a competitive 200+ mph in the standing mile and driven coast to coast. A bike hardly ever impresses me anymore its just so cheap to go fast and everyones doing it.

I agree it would be awesome to be involved in a car that can set records in the standing mile. Id have to research more than I have (which is none) but is there a car that is a competitive 200+ mph in the standing mile and driven coast to coast. A bike hardly ever impresses me anymore its just so cheap to go fast and everyones doing it.

It's far more impressive to have a fast street car than a fast bike... Can't really say anyone can ride a bike to its potential.. Idk it's like saying I ran a 9 sec pass on my busa... Cool aren't they suppose to be able to do that anyways? Now you run a 9 sec pass in your street car... Wow wtf you have done!! I do agree mile events are so much more fun then boring ol 1/8mile 1/4mile.. Idk maybe it's because I'm a die hard manual dude... Then again I like watching the street cars battle it out over race cars.. Seeing top fuel drag cars battle it out .. its cool for maybe 2-3 pass and then it gets boring.

yup not downplaying anyones junk, I would much rather goto yellowbullet nationals or any big event at sgmp than goto tx2k... but have much respect for those guys, just not my thing. That being said I would never turn down a chance to drive something fast there or be part of a crew that makes those records.

Comparing Bikes to Cars.

Nothing to compare really.

If it was that easy racing a "fast" bike everyone would be doing it.

Rumor on the street is Mr. Teasley charges $1,500.00 a day before expenses to make passes on a clients bike. Rumor is he travels all over the country for a number bike owners and race teams doing this very thing.

I imagine Dover might be able to confirm this.

Comparing Bikes to Cars.

Nothing to compare really.

If it was that easy racing a "fast" bike everyone would be doing it.

no doubt it takes balls. not downplaying fast bikes. but it takes less to make a bike go fast (money,setup,maintenance) than a car. Thats why there are tons of fast bikes out there compared to cars. I just dont have love for bikes anymore on that level. I did enjoy shifting at 13.5k when I owned one.

Brian, Teasley is Steve Rose's cousin

I honestly do not know what you would consider fast for a bike or a car.

A 7 second bike or a 8 second takes skill to make either one happen.

No doubt, im not here to change peoples views, im just stating my opinion that all :p

Ive been fast down the quarter on a box stock liter bike without launching it and went fast. Im just saying stock busa going 9's vs a turbo fox body going 9's....

much more respect for the fox body, because it took just a touch more work to make a 3300lb mustang go 9's than a 560lb busa