Ditched the Mustang

MrMeanGreen

Gone. Got tired of Ford's bullshit and shady business dealings. Everything from "missing" service reports/details to Corporate liars, they can take the car and go fuck themselves and their Chinese-built transmissions.

The only positive about dealing with them was the dealership Sales Manager, Jordan, who is on CR and bent over backwards to try to help us. He did 90% of the footwork that service should have attended to, and even then his hands were tied most of the time.

That being said, we traded the car in on a 2009 Silverado LT Z71 quad-cab w/34k miles and still under warranty for awhile. It's a very nice truck, and I don't have to worry about stressing whether GM feels like looking at it that day in case something happens, then lying about it or trying to cover it up. I'm not worried, I have my trust in GM and their products.

I know some of you Ford fanboys will curse me and tell me how amazing Ford is. As bad as they fucked me, are fucking thousands of other GT owners with the same issues, and now with the THIRD recall of my Escape in six months, I'm done with them.

I gave them numerous chances to try to make things right, and they would not own up to their "Quality is Job 1" shit.

That's the way things are.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats again man!

It sucks how everything was handled with the stang by Ford and I wish there was more I could have done. Atleast at the end of the day, you have a really nice vehicle you feel good about owning.

I'm obviously a "ford fan boy", but even though it has a bowtie on it, you got yourself one hell of a nice truck!

Chinese transmissions LOL

That is one thing that does bother me. To spend that much money on a car and not have a Tremec in it. I guess the key to getting the trans to live is getting one a handful of shifters. As far as normal driving I am not aware of any of the issues because I do not follow the cars on internetz. I would like to have the coyote down in a fox. If I did have one of the newer cars I think my first change would be to a trans with 4th gear as the 1:1 ratio.

Yes. Due to the recall of my company vehicle, I'm now using it as my daily to run service calls and getting a pretty lucrative mileage reimbursement.

u guys still have the other slowverado?

Jordan, you are a great guy and Ford should be proud to employ you. I am happy with the deal you gave me on the truck and what you did to try and salvage the Mustang while we owned it.

Congrats again man!

It sucks how everything was handled with the stang by Ford and I wish there was more I could have done. Atleast at the end of the day, you have a really nice vehicle you feel good about owning.

I'm obviously a "ford fan boy", but even though it has a bowtie on it, you got yourself one hell of a nice truck!

Pretty much from week one, the tranny would randomly pop out of gear or not go into gear (whether not fully engaging or just sticking in the gate). The issue was duplicated at the dealership several times, yet Ford sat on their thumbs and refused to repair it. The dealership tried, but Ford basically strong-armed their service department into hiding the issues. There's a lot more we can discuss if you'd like.

Details of what happened with the car.

Sorry to hear that Anthony. With you being a GM guy I can not blame you for wanting the car gone. I guess it is one of those things where if the wheel is not broken do not fix it. GM has been good to you and you should stick with it.

I am in the same boat as far as my liking to fords. I really like the new ecoboost platform. Every time I see a new Fusion I want one to DD. I imagine it is only a matter of time for I will need a four door car with a back seat in the near future.

Hope you enjoy the new truck.

Jordan, you are a great guy and Ford should be proud to employ you. I am happy with the deal you gave me on the truck and what you did to try and salvage the Mustang while we owned it.

Thanks man, I appreciate that. Hopefully some day soon, I will "employ myself" and make some REAL changes in customer service and how things should be done. I have an idea on raising the capital to do so too. Might start really throwing the idea out there next year and see where it goes.

Does this mean stuff from China is junk?;)

lol

It just seems like an strange thing to do.

Mustang is the bread and butter of their "performance" / Sports car line.

People LOVE drag racing mustangs. Why put something made out of tin metal and recycled ipad parts in them, when they know what they'll be used for.

This is leaving a nasty taste in a lot of long time ford fans, and new owners that will never be again (Anthony).

lol

It just seems like an strange thing to do.

Mustang is the bread and butter of their "performance" / Sports car line.

People LOVE drag racing mustangs. Why put something made out of tin metal and recycled ipad parts in them, when they know what they'll be used for.

This is leaving a nasty taste in a lot of long time ford fans, and new owners that will never be again (Anthony).

Agreed. Like I said if I had one I would go with a trans from one of the aftermarket companies.

Brady took all of the weak links in the drivetrain and upgraded them, remember some of his carnage posts? His intentions were different than ours. We wanted a fast, out of the box vehicle with a warranty. To the point we never even had it tuned.

The warranty is meaningless if the manufacturer refuses to honor it. You have the 11-12 GT Mustangs with their junk trannies. You have the Raptors with their leaf springs. Now you have the '13 model Mustangs with their "Race Mode" dashboard that has a timing tree display, 0-60', 1/4 mile, etc. Now there's reports of Ford scanning the cars, and upon finding the owner used "Race Mode", voiding the warranty.

Why have this option? Why show Mustangs racing and doing burnouts in advertisements, why show Raptors off-roading? It's bullshit.

Mustangs are the iconic pony cars that represent all there is American horsepower, yet you can't drive it like one? American built, Chinese parts.

You'll be surprised where most of the parts from gm come from... Well for there performance line up such as the corvette.. I like gm because there cookie cutter engines and 90% of the mechinal jobs need to be done you can do with your average John Doe tool box.. Gm vehicles don't need special tools to work on them.. As you was saying about the warranty... Any new vehicle caught at the drag strip and said company finds out.. It's voided.. Ford just got smart and installed software to help them screw people over.. Kinda like that snap shot from progressive