Crossfit Grandview

BigOxley

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2pointslow I seriously doubt you ever really did a real crossfit workout or you wouldn't be knocking it.

I know a guy that does 95 pounds on the bench press, doing the 20 secs on 20 secs off. One day somebody asked him why he couldn't put up an "real" wieght, so he throws up 395 for 2 reps just to shut him up. The old axiom of "lift big to get big" is old school and has been proven wrong time after time.

Maybe your beef is with Crossfit, it is just an name and nothing more, sure it is trademarked but its the only moniker that the public recognizes.

2pointslow I seriously doubt you ever really did a real crossfit workout or you wouldn't be knocking it.

I know a guy that does 95 pounds on the bench press, doing the 20 secs on 20 secs off. One day somebody asked him why he couldn't put up an "real" wieght, so he throws up 395 for 2 reps just to shut him up. The old axiom of "lift big to get big" is old school and has been proven wrong time after time.

Maybe your beef is with Crossfit, it is just an name and nothing more, sure it is trademarked but its the only moniker that the public recognizes.

Here we go...

The dislike from crossfit stems from the promotion that it is the end-all for athletic training and that their athletes are superior then other sports. The garbage that is spout off during their "games" on ESPN is pathetic from the announcers. I do respect it is as a way for a person to get into shape or try something different temporarily to mix things up, nothing else. Yenner quoted it best earlier:

o maybe you don’t want to be a professional athlete. Maybe you just want to burn some fat and have some fun with your workouts…that’s totally okay. Whatever works for you. But don’t go around preaching it like it’s a religion, because it isn’t. And do not refer to it as being for ATHLETES because Crossfit does not make athletes. You can be an athlete and include Crossfit-type workouts in your program, but you are not an athlete just because you do Crossfit.

At the end of the day, who gives a shit. All that matters is for a person to get off the couch and be active regardless what it is.

395 as to say thats alot? :dumb: Keep your talk of light weight inside the crossfit atmopshere please. Thanks.

And yes i have been through plenty of crossfit workouts. I was going through crossfit workouts before it was "cool."

Edited by 2pointslow

The dislike from crossfit stems from the promotion that it is the end-all for athletic training and that their athletes are superior then other sports. The garbage that is spout off during their "games" on ESPN is pathetic from the announcers. I do respect it is as a way for a person to get into shape or try something different temporarily to mix things up, nothing else. Yenner quoted it best earlier:

Nailed it.

Not that anyone will read this but my wife has been doing Xfit for some time now and the results are hard to ignore. Even with her "ok" diet she has dropped a few pounds but put on a shit load of muscle, its like a new woman every few months :)

And in standard CR fashion I am staying fat and happy.

Edited by Schmuckingham

You don't have the cult outlook on it then. These are the people that piss me off, the "crossfit is god and all other forms of working out are below us."

Yeah, that's pretty much the vibe I've gotten from anyone that does crossfit. I prefer traditional lifting because it isolates certain muscles while practicing proper form. But that's just me, everyone has their own thing. I just hate the crossfitters that come into the gym and take up half the damn gym while they run around like bafoons so you can't get on the equipment.

Just to let anyone who is interested know, the gym is not one of those "cult"-like gyms. i have read about them too.

People sometimes cheat at the WODs from time to time and do have bad form. I always say that they are only cheating themselves.

The people at the gym are generally young professionals, college students, parents, ex and current military, and civil service peeps. We are pretty laid back and friendly to everyone in the gym. *If anyone is interested, it is super easy to meet girls (or guys, whatever your flavor).* People aren't walking around with earbuds and iphones. I can only speak for this gym but it is far from elitist.

Just to let anyone who is interested know, the gym is not one of those "cult"-like gyms. i have read about them too.

People sometimes cheat at the WODs from time to time and do have bad form. I always say that they are only cheating themselves.

The people at the gym are generally young professionals, college students, parents, ex and current military, and civil service peeps. We are pretty laid back and friendly to everyone in the gym. *If anyone is interested, it is super easy to meet girls (or guys, whatever your flavor).* People aren't walking around with earbuds and iphones. I can only speak for this gym but it is far from elitist.

No headphones? I'm out haha I need music.

Do you think people that do cross fit do not include standard wieghtlifting?

No, he thinks that if someone even mentions that they have done crossfit, thought about doing crossfit, knows someone who does crossfit, or looked at a poster of somewho who looks like they may be doing crossfit is automatically:

(a) a Crossfit (capital "C") cultist

(b) homosexual

© vegan

(d) a supporter of Obamacare and PETA

(e) drives a Subaru

(f) has never done any exercise to isolate and build a particular body part, like a bicep

Yes they do, what i was saying is he had a good build prior to starting crossfit.

So did I. So, please tell me I'm doing something wrong by incorporating crossfit-type training into traditional bodybuilding training.

You'd think someone like you - who is obviously not a novice when it comes to fitness - would support the notion that doing different physical activities is a great way of "shocking" the system and breaking through a plateau.

Edited by Dr. Pomade

BB to CF = Import to Domestic.

Different goals, different methods, different results. Humans are a silly bunch aren't we? Instead of recognizing the vast amount of ground that is common we define ourselves by the subtle differences. Tribalism 4 life.

Whoops, sorry, this post is far too rational and intelligent for this thread. In future posts, please be sure to dumb things down, and be blatantly derogatory. For instance:

"One time a girl I was dating said that she wanted to try crossfit, so then I told her I wanted to try dating girls that aren't lesbians."

Fuck crossfit! Why whould anyone want to go where the number of woman to men os higher than a standard gym, the people are more group driven rather than the more lonely bb. Ya god forbid people enjoy working out, I fucking hate lifting at a gym cause it is fucking boring as shit and the scenery is normally either she men or snoby chicks on ellipticals. I

I guess i'll just sit on the couch since crossfit is so bad. Fattys fo life!

Only on Cr can we all date models and look down at people thar are in superb physical shap because they do the wrong kind of exercise