Crossfit Grandview

BigOxley

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every real BB, PL, or, while we're at it, racer, I've met, has been welcoming and understanding to the entry level. Isn't that interesting how that works? Those who have made it embrace the Noobs. Those who are somewhere in the middle are insecure and feel the need to defend their brand.

O rly? :dumb:

Don't think you've interacted with any REAL powerlifters/bodybuilders inside their element.

Of course you would assume you know me steven. Before York Gym in Parma sold out it was all PL/BB guys.

I can see exactly why you may have had a different experience with people accepting you and wanting to help. Cocky fucks who think they have the corner on good ideas have to figure out everything on their own... and get their gear in Mexico.

O rly? :dumb:

Don't think you've interacted with any REAL powerlifters/bodybuilders inside their element.

What would you say about a cross fit gym full of certified personal trainers? One that teaches proper form along with incorporating weight resistance in cardio?

One that still does strange stuff like this

304510_10151137964429850_1210501778_n.jpg

But is full of former body builders....

What would you say about a cross fit gym full of certified personal trainers? One that teaches proper form along with incorporating weight resistance in cardio?

Sounds like a great place to workout. I know of a few in the columbus area that are filled with great trainers. Still the greatest trainers end up with horrible injuries. This can be found in any sport/gym as well. However it seems to be a very common thing to have shoulder, knee and back problems from going to a different type of crossfit gym. This is where the problem comes, people get into crossfit and decide to open a gym. There are so many crossfit gyms popping up in central ohio that you can't keep up with them.

The idea behind crossfit is great don't get me wrong. Everyone should workout and enjoy what they do. If its what you enjoy then by all means go for it. I just don't want to hear about your bumper weight PR is all.

One that still does strange stuff but produces results like this?

304510_10151137964429850_1210501778_n.jpg

Majority of the results in that picture most likely didn't come from crossfit... i know hard to believe right?

Of course you would assume you know me steven. Before York Gym in Parma sold out it was all PL/BB guys.

I can see exactly why you may have had a different experience with people accepting you and wanting to help. Cocky fucks who think they have the corner on good ideas have to figure out everything on their own... and get their gear in Mexico.

I'm going to leave majority of this post alone.

Do you know me? Have we met?

Majority of the results in that picture most likely didn't come from crossfit... i know hard to believe right?

Funny thing is those guys are all a bunch of meat head cross-fitters. Its not all bad form and people that dont know what they are doing. I just wanted to show you how invalid your argument was since you were so close minded. My cousin and 3 of those guys in the picture have put on about 100 pounds of muscle between them in the last year.

I didnt know anything about it myself so I asked. You are so far from reality that you have been invited to attend a workout... Interested?

Funny thing is those guys are all a bunch of meat head cross-fitters. Its not all bad form and people that dont know what they are doing. I just wanted to show you how invalid your argument was since you were so close minded. My cousin and 3 of those guys in the picture have put on about 100 pounds of muscle between them in the last year.

I didnt know anything about it myself so I asked. You are so far from reality that you have been invited to attend a workout... Interested?

Scratch that it wasnt a real invite. I misunderstood what he was trying to say.

Please read that again, you realize professional bodybuilders don't pack on that much in a year right?

I will say that you know your stuff catching that typo. It was was my cousin plus 4 guys not three, and I rounded up. Would you like for me to ask each of their individual gains? I have another 10 minutes before I go to work.

I will say that you know your stuff catching that typo. It was was my cousin plus 4 guys not three, and I rounded up. Would you like for me to ask each of their individual gains? I have another 10 minutes before I go to work.

After noob gains putting on anywhere near 3-5lbs a year of muscle unassisted is almost impossible. Majority of the weight will come from water/adipose tissue. Professional bodybuilders are happy with 2-5lbs stage weight per year.

If you could read through my trolling, you will see that im all for people working out and getting in shape. You will also see i support proper crossfit gyms. The bodies you have shown are not the typical crossfit junkie, majority of people inside a crossfit gym are in shape and have great endurance.

After noob gains putting on anywhere near 3-5lbs a year of muscle unassisted is almost impossible. Majority of the weight will come from water/adipose tissue. Professional bodybuilders are happy with 2-5lbs stage weight per year.

If you could read through my trolling, you will see that im all for people working out and getting in shape. You will also see i support proper crossfit gyms. The bodies you have shown are not the typical crossfit junkie, majority of people inside a crossfit gym are in shape and have great endurance.

Tips hat.. You know your stuff so my ebattle angle failed therefore I am throwing in the towel. If you would have started talking about how you added on 50 pound of muscle yourself (like a typical uneducated meat head) I would have copy and pasted my personal training books to my next post. I just dont have the troll in me today... Im so weak.

Ok, real life post..

Newb gains are typically 10 - 25 pounds of muscle a year because a normal human body will only add on 1-2 pounds of muscle a month naturally. Once you get closer to your peak like stated its extremely hard to gain. 3 of the guys in that picture played college sports and have been lifting for a while. Incorporating cross fit plus power lifting is where they get their gain. Cross fit is used for cardio while weight lifting is for muscle building. They do it right, and teach doing it right, but its a hybrid of the two.

Ok, real life post..

Newb gains are typically 10 - 25 pounds of muscle a year because a normal human body will only add on 1-2 pounds of muscle a month naturally. Once you get closer to your peak like stated its extremely hard to gain. 3 of the guys in that picture played college sports and have been lifting for a while. Incorporating cross fit plus power lifting is where they get their gain. Cross fit is used for cardio while weight lifting is for muscle building. They do it right, and teach doing it right, but its a hybrid of the two.

I believe this is what crossfit was originally supposed to do. What its evolved into is something else. Lord knows that getting a meat to do conventional cardio is almost impossible. Powerlifting alone will put on "thickness/density" when switching from a traditional weightlifting/bodybuilding regimen.

I believe this is what crossfit was originally supposed to do. What its evolved into is something else. Lord knows that getting a meat to do conventional cardio is almost impossible. Powerlifting alone will put on "thickness/density" when switching from a traditional weightlifting/bodybuilding regimen.

Yeah, he said the amount of fat hes burned since he started is crazy.

here's the thing specific to me. i don't need to squat 600lbs or bench 450lbs or look like ronnie coleman. not putting those things down, to each their own. i like the days when we do personal records on big lifts, its a rush.

i do need to have 5-10 minutes of high intensity output at a given time. that is why i do crossfit. Constantly varied, high-intensity, functional movement in a communal atmosphere. that's what appeals to me.

Don't think you've interacted with any REAL powerlifters/bodybuilders inside their element

http://www.homorazzi.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/arm-needle.jpg

Aren't stereotypes fun? :)

Funny thing is those guys are all a bunch of meat head cross-fitters. Its not all bad form and people that dont know what they are doing.

Bingo Jack. Our instructors are not just Joe Schmoe certified CF instructors. They both hold degrees in fitness and nutrition and teach form over PRs to reduce the risk of injury.

Scratch that it wasnt a real invite. I misunderstood what he was trying to say.

I am disappoint.

If you could read through my trolling, you will see that im all for people working out and getting in shape. You will also see i support proper crossfit gyms.

Could've fooled...everyone.

The bodies you have shown are not the typical crossfit junkie, majority of people inside a crossfit gym are in shape and have great endurance

True. I remember going to UA a couple years back. Everyone hitting the weights was always in top shape there. :dumb:

Have you gone to a meet yet?

Pre-req to working out?

BRB going to go stand on my head at the gym....

...no you're not.

BRB, gonna go get fit.

http://www.topnews.in/sports/files/hossein.jpg