WTF Ammo?

gillbot

Being that it's the 62 grain, it would be worth it. Give this thread till Tuesday and enough people will see it. Over all, if 10 people went in, @$430, they would get 1250 rounds each. Not a bad price.

I tend to see this ammo at about the $400 mark for 750 rounds

I guess if people are thinking it's high, I would like to see where you are getting 62 grain/ M855 for less than what this drum offers. Or are you guys saying you can get 55 grain for less. There's a big difference. And steel is not an option.

Almost positive that is 55 grain. The 62 grain is a little more usually. Still a good price though.

The federal is 55 grain. The steel Herters I posted up the other day from cabellas was 62 FMJ or HP, though. I don't know what people's beef is with steel ammo. It's all I shoot out of my AR. Take care of them like you're supposed to and there's nothing to worry about it. I've got over 10,000 rounds of steel through mine and not a single issue.

I don't like steel through a barrel due to one of the guns we had growing up. We shot it quit a bit and it did some damage to the rifling and looking down the barrel. We were shooting for cheap and steel was cheap. I just said I wouldn't shoot it anymore with anything I plan to keep.

I don't like steel through a barrel due to one of the guns we had growing up. We shot it quit a bit and it did some damage to the rifling and looking down the barrel. We were shooting for cheap and steel was cheap. I just said I wouldn't shoot it anymore with anything I plan to keep.

The herters have steel casing but with copper jackets, they are just rebranded TULA. I know wolf had some steel jacked ammo in the past, but I thought the majority of the COMBLOC ammo that were coming to the us were copper jacked ammo. People say steel casing can wear the extractor out faster. It's true, but price an extractor vs the amount of $$$ saved in the long run isn't a comparasion.

I have an AR that shoot Tula through. Hasn't had any problems soo far. Just gets pretty dirty.

Looks like I didn't didn't finish writing my thought above, but I think you get what I was saying. Looking down the barrel, it was pretty torn up.

I would say the extractor issue is pretty fare approach and a small issue. I shot a few mags of Tula in my 1/9 AR. I had no issues. My 1/7 will only see M855 until there is a shortage or cost dictates different. Basically is I just want to avoid steel, that's my preference. I have not done any accuracy testing with steel, but I do plan to. I have compared 55 to 62 grain on a zero target and can tell you there is almost no difference in point of impact. Zero target simulates 300m, and I didn't see enough change to justify me changing my zero. This was on the 1/9 for what it's worth. Just FYI.