Boxer/dog owners

wnaplay1647545503

Today my wife noticed that our 7 year old female boxer seems to have used the bathroom(urinate) where she was laying down. It appears this is the second time in the same day. She goes outside frequently as someone is always here and has never once done this before. Is this a sign of an infection or other issue? Could this just be something due to age? 7 year old boxer had her since born, never had any issues, she is fixed.

It could be something. Our older boxer has not started to do this with age.

Our Golden Retriever started with this and then started having seizures soon after. I would take her to the vet and have her looked at. Try OSU, they seem to be priced well compared to other places we've been to.

Not real common but does occur in Boxers and other bully breeds that are fixed. Mostly females. We haven't had it in ours and are thankful. There is a treatment however should it be more than just a UTI. Google phenylpropanolamine and surf some of the boxer boards. Proin in one of the brand names.

Haven't had any issues with ours. Sounds like a uti. Or she is getting to that age she cant control it.

Sometimes ours will lick their foot so much it leaves a huge wet spot, but I'm sure you soaked it up and it was yellow. We thought it was pee at first but turned out to be slobber.

Edited by Rocky31186

My 7 year old doberman female has been taking pills once every three days for incontinence. We noticed her leaking out little drops when she would get up and thought it was a urinary tract infection. The vet diagnosed it as incontinence and we got an open prescription at this place that makes them and they mail them to us. I think its like fifty bucks for six months supply. Problem solved though.