Mobile appliance repair? Dryer going out :(

Slimpsy1647545505

My wife and I are looking to upgrade our washer/dryer this tax season, but unfortunately our 7 year old dryer has stopped working efficiently. It took me 2 hours to dry a medium sized load of laundry tonight, with only 1 pair of jeans. Cleaned out lint from drum and back exhaust. . still taking too long to dry. I assume heating element, but I know nothing about this shit.

With all that said, does anyone know of a reputable/reliable mobile appliance repair person who doesn't charge an arm and a leg? Like I said we're going to buy a new set in a couple of months so I'm not wanting to dump a ton of money into fixing this one if at all possible.

I've seen some people posting their services on craigslist. . . but I've been burnt more than once on there and would prefer a referral from someone on here :)

Thanks guys!

I've been doing some reading and I guess maybe it's not the heating element since it does feel hot inside? Maybe I just need to rip it all apart and clean it? No idea. LoL.

Clean the entire length of exhaust hose. Ours didn't visually look that clogged/dirty but after I bought a $25 cleaning brush kit from the store and ran it along with a good shop vac I was surprised to see how much potential kindling was stuffed in the tube. Ours vents up and makes two bends before going outside thus I need to really insure it's clean. Fixed a similar problem up just fine.

Thanks for that info Tim! Do you happen to have a link for that kit? :)

bought mine at The Anderson's but I would imagine Lowes, Home Depot, Menards, etc would have them too.

IIRC it was something like this package wise. I tore it open and tossed the box. Has pretty much the same stuff.

I have like 30' of hose for my shop vac and rigged it so that the brush was gorilla taped just in front of the hose and slid them both through the piping.

http://www.bestofasseenontv.com/dryermax/dryermax2.jpg

Is it blowin out good outside the house while its running? Birds will get in there believe it or not and clog it up. Could also jump the door switch and run it and make sure its blowin out into the drum good too.

Also, I dont recommend the alum. flex vent pipe. It really creates lent build up inside. Use hardpipe or the white plastic kind.

If its not a air/exhaust circulation problem, and it seems warm to you, then it most likey is just warm and not as hot as it should be. If its an electric dryer and has that symptom it may likey be a stat problem, for example, the high limit stat may be constantly kicking on all the time and the dryer not able to run/cycle at the proper temp range.

Thanks for the reply Tim and Kevin. I actually thought of checking the outside vent as well but unfortunately it's a 2 story home with 2nd floor laundry and I don't have that huge of a long ladder as we just moved here from a single story 3 months ago and haven't got around to buying one. There was however a small crack in my vent tube running into the exhaust going out. I will replace that tomorrow and go from there. I'll assume at this time that it's the culprit!