99 Camaro SS on the dyno

tim_U_33

Prob 400hp because of the fuel system.. Maybe stock injectors? Where was your boost referenced off? I had 8psi before manifold and about 5psi max intake because I had an huge boost leak and a bunch of other issues.. 11psi in a ls1 making only 400hp isn't right at all.. That's like a cam only car. Not trying to bust ya balls just trying to help your out.. I have 42lb injectors for sale

Prob 400hp because of the fuel system.. Maybe stock injectors? Where was your boost referenced off? I had 8psi before manifold and about 5psi max intake because I had an huge boost leak and a bunch of other issues.. 11psi in a ls1 making only 400hp isn't right at all.. That's like a cam only car. Not trying to bust ya balls just trying to help your out.. I have 42lb injectors for sale

It's a 5.3.....:dumb: LS1 intake...and their is this thing called timing...

Brian is a great tuner.. He has some fast cars tuned under him. Its not The tuners fault thecar isnt performing at its full potential.I'm really curious about this car only 400rwhp @ 11psi.. I kinda would expect those numbers from a v6.. Torque is up to par mind you just the hp.. I'm expecting @11psi 500ish rwhp with those torque numbers from a turbo v8. I'm not familiar with a 5.3 though. Some one school me please?

Brian is a great tuner.. He has some fast cars tuned under him. Its not The tuners fault thecar isnt performing at its full potential.I'm really curious about this car only 400rwhp @ 11psi.. I kinda would expect those numbers from a v6.. Torque is up to par mind you just the hp.. I'm expecting @11psi 500ish rwhp with those torque numbers from a turbo v8. I'm not familiar with a 5.3 though. Some one school me please?

Thank you for the kind words Matt.

To be honest Matt I do not remember the details. What I can tell you is these videos were made before the car recieved some much needed TLC. It is agreed that the car did not peform as we think it should. I do not recall the specifics of the turbo being used nor why the power took a nose dive at 5k. Understand this was many many tunes ago. I am sure Mr. Tim will chime in Matt.

Been at work all day and didn't expect to see this thread to take off this direction.

Video is from 2 years ago. 5.3 went in after 5.7 died on my way to dyno day the prev year. Didn't have a job so 5.3 was cheap at the time.

Bought the car with the TTi kit and it came with the 60-1 hifi which flows 10% less than a standard 60-1. Turbo lost steam at around 5-5200 rpm. Just too small for the motor. Stock 5.3 cam didn't help either. Car was never tuned with a wideband at this point in its life. Only street tuned to avoid detonation. It was on a modified MAP for the Ls1 motor, compression and cam. Was running pig rich at 9.4:1 A/F.

Fuel setup was single 255 on stock lines and rails w/36lb injectors.

Boost was referenced from the vacuum to the BOV.

Car is on new setup and Brian has done AMAZING with it. Hoping to fix some little things and get it back to him to finish up.