Ok I believe there is going to be another Assault Weapons ban now.

SpaceGhost

http://money.cnn.com/2012/12/18/news/companies/gun-sales-massacre/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

With this school shooting in the media it's going to happen IMO.

The Connecticut State Police have identified the primary weapon in the attack that killed 20 children and six educators at a Newtown school on Friday as a Bushmaster AR-15 semiautomatic rifle with high capacity magazines. Police said that the shooter also used two semiautomatic pistols -- a Glock and a Sig Sauer -- before committing suicide.

Obama has indicated that he will try to bring back restrictions on military-style rifles. In the second presidential debate in the fall, Obama said he was going to see "if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced."

On Sunday, Obama, signaled the possibility of more action. "In the coming weeks, I will use whatever power this office holds to engage my fellow citizens ... in an effort aimed at preventing more tragedies like this," said Obama, in a speech at Newtown.

Democratic lawmakers also said they would introduce tougher legislation.

My question to the crew here is, I don't want to read up on everything, so in people's opinion what is a decent middle of the road Complete AR to buy. I am not looking to build one. SO I am looking for: Not Cheap, but reliable, trust your life with one, but will not break the bank. And please if you use Acronyms and such jargon please know I most likely do not understand it. Go easy, on me. I know many of you have great knowledge in this subject. I'm just looking to purchase to not be without. The media has me spooked. I have hand guns and a long range rifle so really what is left for me is a Shotgun and an AR. I was watching FPS russia and kind of like the bullpup style of Assault rifle too. I'm guessing those will be $$$$$ but What is a good bullpup style assault rifle too?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Price range?

$1000 or under? Sound OK? Or am I too low for what I'm looking for?

Really I'm looking for opinions and then can price check and weigh pricing into peoples opinions. So I will go over $1000 if I feel based on what people say it is worth it. Make sense?

My best recommendation is to go to vances and see what they have left in stock. The lower priced (sub $1000) guns are flying out the door. Not that the shelves are empty, but availability post election, holiday season and current events, is something to consider

All of dicks stores and now cheaper than dirt is holding off sales. I've also heard that walmarts are removing bushmasters and AR's In general from stores and now bushmaster is up for sale again lol

Bushmaster was the AR15 the kid used along with a glock and sig sauer pistols

I like my M&P 15. Its the sport model so no forward assist or ejection port dust cover, but I don't see a need for either of those items after firing flawlessly thousands of times. I'd trust it where I'm going to use it.

Spend a little more than that and get a LMT.

Agreed.

I bet LMT, PMSA, and the like are blowing up with orders.

I have to say, I'm glad I'm not in any want, and covered my bases's already. Funny thing is, the girlfriend just gave me an early Xmas present, a crossbow. I'm sure those will be out lawed soon after the guns cool off. Then come the knives. Next, we will all be back in caves trying to start a fire.

Edited by Mojoe

LMT does have their cheapest model rifle on backorder right now for 2-4 weeks. I would order now while that wait time is short.

I don't think there is much you would want to upgrade internally so that just leaves you with accessories, something I don't see being effected much by this other than mags.