Just wondering (LS guys come in)

Buckeye1647545503

Depending on mileage and condition $2.5-4k, there is a pretty big swing depending on how new or what car it came out of. F-body LS1 stuff is cheaper then say later model LS2, LS3 cars. Much cheaper to buy a truck motor and your trans seperate.

Just a 5.3 can be had under $500, serious. They are damn near a dime a dozen, thats why so many people seem to be turboing them without a fuck given if it blows up or not.

well that is tempting... what does a 5.3 make na with say no more than a cam and maybe intake

there are other ford options. If your thinking of ls in the 68,just sell it and buy a f-body.:)

You know I'm going to have to agree with this, I love the LS motor, and really don't mind seeing it in some dime a dozen foxbody. However putting into a classic Ford is fucking stupid. I couldn't see doing it to a nice foxbody either.

ya I doubt I would do it (since I REALLY hate seeing it) I and just thinking out loud. I want to find a 97-98 Mark 8. 96-99 Cobra, Mach 1 or marauder parts car CHEAP Or a good 5.4 dohc

and Brandon If I could break even or come close I would sell it today but I doubt I can

Ls engines are great platforms and cookie cutter engines for the most part. I picked up an complet ls2 on Craigslist for 800$.. Came out if an 07 tbss.. only wanted it for the block.. Sold intake 150$,heads 360$,rotating assembly 440$ and I still have the injectors,oil pan to sell..Lq4,lq9 will be your best bang for the buck

You know I'm going to have to agree with this, I love the LS motor, and really don't mind seeing it in some dime a dozen foxbody. However putting into a classic Ford is fucking stupid. I couldn't see doing it to a nice foxbody either.

My Unicorn would have a sad face if I put a LS1 in it.

It is all smiles with its 331 cubes of R Block. :p

I am pretty sure RX7's were created so we could stuff some "Chevy Bullshit" ;) in them after the rotary goes pop. :fuckyeah:

My Unicorn would have a sad face if I put a LS1 in it.

It is all smiles with its 331 cubes of R Block. :p

I am pretty sure RX7's were created so we could stuff some "Chevy Bullshit" ;) in them after the rotary goes pop. :fuckyeah:

My dream setup that I have built on paper more times than I care to admit is a notch with ls 6.0 and twins. I could build an 700-800 rwhp notch including car for 10.5k or less. One day....:D

My dream setup that I have built on paper more times than I care to admit is a notch with ls 6.0 and twins. I could build an 700-800 rwhp notch including car for 10.5k or less. One day....:D

I am torn with the direction I want to go with that Blue GT in my shop. Part of me says stick a stock 5 liter short block in it. Tune to 500 rwhp and go beat the shit out of it.

The devil in me wants to build a 400+ inch windsor for it. Stuff a big single in the car and go for broke.

I really like the LS motors and I love my C5's and C6's. I just can not put a LS motor in a mustang. When I think of the power my little 331 is doing on tiny ass turbos I do not see the need to go LS should I want to add more power. Just put a turbo or turbos of capable of more airflow and let it do its thing. Then again I do not see a need for more power for a car that sees 99% street duty with 800+ rwhp and 900+ rwtq.

I am torn with the direction I want to go with that Blue GT in my shop. Part of me says stick a stock 5 liter short block in it. Tune to 500 rwhp and go beat the shit out of it.

The devil in me wants to build a 400+ inch windsor for it. Stuff a big single in the car and go for broke.

I really like the LS motors and I love my C5's and C6's. I just can not put a LS motor in a mustang. When I think of the power my little 331 is doing on tiny ass turbos I do not see the need to go LS should I want to add more power. Just put a turbo or turbos of capable of more airflow and let it do its thing. Then again I do not see a need for more power for a car that sees 99% street duty with 800+ rwhp and 900+ rwtq.

agreed, for street duty 700 and less is plenty. would love to see what your 331 would make with some different turbos

agreed, for street duty 700 and less is plenty. would love to see what your 331 would make with some different turbos

Agreed on the 700 wheel. Car pulls like a freight train at 700. That is why I typically leave the car for power.

I am sure 4 digits is possible with reliability.