how long does an auto claim take?

Yasser-Hanbali

well last night i was involved in my first accident, we are okay but the Speed6 that i had for 8 hours is toast. Drunk driver on campus hit us head on, being that the car is totaled and so is the other persons roughly how long does it take for a pay out or for the insurance to send out a person to look at the cars. mind you i have never had to deal with this i dont really care that car is done as long as everyone is okay but it sure sucks seeing a car that you only put 40 miles on go to the scrap yard:fuuuu:

Sucks your car got totaled especially after only 8 hours, glad your okay though. The last time I had to deal with an insurance company for an accident they had a check to us in less than 2 weeks (I think it may have been only a week, maybe just a lil more). It kinda depends on the situation though too, my brother had to wait a couple months just for them to come look at the car cause the insurance companies wanted to fight about who had to cover it (the guy's auto insurance, or the insurance for the state agency he worked for). So if its a clear cut case, then it should be really quick, but if they want to fight and drag they're feet, it can take a while.

i believe its going to be pretty clear the police arrived i helped moves the cars after getting both stories the kid admitted it was his fault and was arrested after he wrote his info down. it really does suck because i literally fell in love with the car after driving it home from the auction. i just hope with christmas and the new year they dont try to drag ass.

Don't be in a rush to get your $$ from them. The first offer they give on the car will be a lowball.

Some of the steps I took were talking through what comparison cars were used, I think we cut it from about 9 or 10 down to 3. Second, I mentioned what was done to the car (didn't bring the value up.) 3rd, since I pulled my own vehicle out of impound the day after the accident, I had a bit of leverage. I negotiated tow bills, storage fees, time I needed off work to file paperwork, etc. Last but not least remember just because they give you an offer doesn't mean you need to accept it. I took the 3rd or 4th offer they gave me. they just want to settle the case asap, They want to rush you. Don't let that happen. Also as far as the settlement for medical, you've got two years before they can close the file. take your time settling on that as well.

If they are good, about a week. I have one insurance carrier i work with that takes 6-8 weeks to get their checks out.

he is with Geico so hopefully they work fast because im gong to call them tomorrow on my way to New York since i have all that free time driving up I80.

Things are busy right now. But its hard to say. There r many things to consider. Is his coverage in order, does he have enough limits? Is he cooperating? Ect. I wouod expect about a week if all goes well. I have settled claims with in 24hrs before....

Girlfriend just got rear ended (insert anal sex joke here) and the adjuster came out and the check was to us within a week or maybe 10 days.. Very fast.. But it wasn't for the amount we were quote by 3C, so we turned things over to them. They worked out a deal with the ins co and fixed the car but the negotiations and repairs took over 2 weeks. Everything was done within a month but all of that was for a bumper

Go through your own insurance and they will write you a check minus your deductible. Once Geico pays out, you get your deductible back. That's why you have full coverage insurance. Progressive wrote us a check for the full amount the same day my wife was in an accident.

Go through your own insurance and they will write you a check minus your deductible. Once Geico pays out, you get your deductible back. That's why you have full coverage insurance. Progressive wrote us a check for the full amount the same day my wife was in an accident.

very true!