A BRZ that makes sense?

Tshensley

Subaru BRZ LSX Swap In Progress

http://www.lsxtv.com/news/someone-finally-swapped-a-lsx-engine-into-a-subaru-brz/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=someone-finally-swapped-a-lsx-engine-into-a-subaru-brz

Weapons Grade Performance decided that a LS2 engine from a Pontiac GTO was the best solution to their power conundrum, and as it turns out the engine fits quite nicely under the stock hood of a BRZ. The engine is still a long way from actually being a working power plant, and we’d hate to be the guy charged with wiring that sucker up.

Edited by Syris

This is a BRZ / FRS that makes sense

http://elementtuning.com/store/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Element-UTCC-BCRacing.jpg

http://elementtuning.com/store/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/DSC05850-e1343146058366.jpg

But honestly...running 285 hoosier radial slicks (one of the faster slicks on the market currently) and still only posting practice times of around 2:20 and to eek out a flying TT lap of 2:17 at VIR is...well....ummmmmm still pretty slow.

Edited by AudiOn19s

aside from having less than half the horsepower required to gain admittance in my garage, i truly don't see what the hype is surrounding these cars. am i missing something??

Have you driven one yet? (Sincerely just curious, not trying to set you up to hate). :)

Have you driven one yet? (Sincerely just curious, not trying to set you up to hate). :)

i buy my cars without driving them first. sometimes its a good decision, sometimes its not. in order for me to drive one of these, i'd have to buy it first. i just don't see myself buying a 200hp vehicle at this time--unless i'm buying a 'safe' car for my kids when they turn 16 (in 11 years). who knows, stranger things have happened. maybe i'll just buy one

i buy my cars without driving them first. sometimes its a good decision, sometimes its not. in order for me to drive one of these, i'd have to buy it first. i just don't see myself buying a 200hp vehicle at this time--unless i'm buying a 'safe' car for my kids when they turn 16 (in 11 years). who knows, stranger things have happened. maybe i'll just buy one

You know, it really would be a perfect car for a teenager who you wanted to teach proper driving technique.

Put in LSx engine

Reduce 50lbs from the front end

Add suspension through rest of car to help even out weight and add stability

Add adjustable parts to add appropriate downforce

Test and adjust until you can Auto x like a bauce!

-or-

Put in LSx engine

Do burnouts like a bauce

Make cool videos of pipe shots and mad dashes in front of your house

Have a certified conversation starter at parking lot meets