A45 AMG: Interesting..

Mr. Jones

FWD LOL

The most significant game changer in the new A-class is its specially tuned 4Matic four-wheel-drive system. In the A45, it channels 60 percent of the twist action to the rear wheels, thereby reducing torque steer and understeer through slow first- or second-gear bends.

---

In the end, I'd rather see a few grand put into an STi or laugh, but there are a number of built MS3's putting down that much and more. Not that I see value in doing so to them though....

The most significant game changer in the new A-class is its specially tuned 4Matic four-wheel-drive system. In the A45, it channels 60 percent of the twist action to the rear wheels, thereby reducing torque steer and understeer through slow first- or second-gear bends.

---

In the end, I'd rather see a few grand put into an STi or laugh, but there are a number of built MS3's putting down that much and more. Not that I see value in doing so to them though....

It's a power thing, you wouldn't understand.

Wow. 350hp out of a 2.0L 4 banger. I'm expecting a big turbo torque curve.

The variable vane turbo should help that a lot.

The car sounds interesting, but I'm not too keen on the looks or the estimated price. I would be interested in seeing a comparison test with this A-class against a Caddy ATS. Optioned out they're in the same price range, the Caddy can be had RWD or AWD, 320 HP V6 vs 350HP I-4...

P.S. The German's naming convensions of their models is f'd. Nothing makes sense amymore.

The variable vane turbo should help that a lot.

The car sounds interesting, but I'm not too keen on the looks or the estimated price. I would be interested in seeing a comparison test with this A-class against a Caddy ATS. Optioned out they're in the same price range, the Caddy can be had RWD or AWD, 320 HP V6 vs 350HP I-4...

P.S. The German's naming convensions of their models is f'd. Nothing makes sense amymore.

I dont see this as a fair fight at all.

The ats doesn't have enough power nor a dsg tranny.

---

oops, missed that.

Mercedes LOL

Looked good from the front...

Holy hand grenade of Antioch...the side view is B-A-N-A-N-A-S. Who thought those front overhang, long hood, crunched hatchback compartment proportions would work at all?!?

:dumb::dumb:

I agree completely. From the side.... OH GOD, IT CANNOT BE UNSEEN!