1993 Infinity J30 - $1500

acklac7

Listing this for an old professor of mine, car is legit, any/all problems are listed below. Craigslist price= $1797, he'll take $1500 firm.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/3498262830.html

http://images.craigslist.org/3Ic3Ld3M85N15Ec5Fbccc1e1a11858c5c111a.jpg

1993 Infiniti J30 3.0l V6 148k

The Good:

Paint is in excellent condition, as well as the interior (seats are beginning to crack a little but still in great shape)brand new tires & brakes. Engine purrs, Car Handles well (although there is a slight rattle coming from the right front) , overall a great daily driver.

The Bad: Engine makes somewhat of a racket at idle due to a bad camshaft sprocket bushing - a common issue for these cars and seems to be benign, more annoying then anything else (doesn't seem to affect the engine/performance what so ever). None of the windows are 100% working, most will become problematic after a few days as the (window) motors are beginning to fail. Common problem for these cars, an easy $100 will solve the problem, Sunroof Motor is also on its way out. Occasionally the belts will squeal at startup and in the rain, although they don't seem to affect the engine nor the handling of the car whatsoever. The Speakers are also dead, however the aftermarket sony receiver works fine, buy some cheap speakers and your're good to go.

Jim,

614 940 6681.

Edited by acklac7

Does this guy live off of Kenny Rd. near UA? If so, I've seen the car

No, but he's mentioned there's another one sitting on Kenny and I believe he knows the guy who owns it.

OSU Boathouse is a neat backdrop...making a mental note to use it anytime I sell a car/truck in the future. :)

Yea I try and do all my auto photo-shoots down at Griggs, was driving around trying to find a place for a good shot and was like, "wait a minute here, I got an idea...". Just an FYI you're NOT allowed to park down there, or even drive down there, I got lucky, for some reason they (Row Team) temporarily removed the concrete barricades so I drove right on down. Every other time i've checked since then they have been back in place. Also if OSU / Pri$$y crew elite catch you down there I promise they're going to write down your plates and immediately call the cops, even though it's technically public property.

good luck with sale. I put 245k on a g20 before the engine went out. The older infinities are great cars.

Yea it's a really nice car, absolutely as clean as it looks. Fires right up no hesitation/stumbling, you punch it, it goes.

Probably the best handling sedan I've ever driven (RWD BTW - alot of people don't realize this).

Yea it's a really nice car, absolutely as clean as it looks. Fires right up no hesitation/stumbling, you punch it, it goes.

Probably the best handling sedan I've ever driven (RWD BTW - alot of people don't realize this).

your 100% correct sir

• 2 weeks later...
Do you know if the tbelt has been done??

Thx

mace

Sorry somehow missed your post,

I know for a fact all the injectors have been done within the past year, will check on the timing belt.

Not sure on the belt, said he pulled the cover off and it looked pretty fresh, car has been very well maintained it's whole life so im guessing it was replaced at the recommended millage.

Would he take $1000 cash?

Just talked to him, nope. He's sort of a bad-ass old timer who loves cars and is sorta stuck in his ways. He'd just assume let it sit until he got $1500. That said a couple of other people are interested, he said he'll get back to me about potentially shaving a little off the price if it doesn't sell in the next couple weeks.

• 4 weeks later...