Needs some steel plates

rb26deet32

I'm putting together a welding table and it's all done except for the top and now I can't find any place around here that doesn't charge an arm and a leg for a plate. I'm wanting a 4x8' 3/8-1/2 inch steel plate. Or two 4x4's would work too. If anyone knows where I could get some let me know.

Thanks.

It's thick steel. Wtf do you expect it to be free.

To a lesser degree, this. Materials costs are going through the roof. It's the new "gas prices". I can usually tell if some shit is going down in the world when our battery prices jump. Downside is that materials costs don't drop like gas does after the shit-storm ends.

Just a thought but what do you plan to do with all 4x8' of welding table? Depending on what you are doing, that may be overkill. My 4x6' table is only a 1/4" top and I have a rear axle jig for narrowing my 8.8, a massive Ridgid vice, and still have plenty of room to do just about anything. And is it going against a garage wall or will it be on casters?

Just a thought but what do you plan to do with all 4x8' of welding table? Depending on what you are doing, that may be overkill. My 4x6' table is only a 1/4" top and I have a rear axle jig for narrowing my 8.8, a massive Ridgid vice, and still have plenty of room to do just about anything. And is it going against a garage wall or will it be on casters?

I'm making a 4x6 table. I typed 4x8 on accident. It seems like most places sell the 4x8's instead of the 4x6's.

Also, it's not going to be on casters. I'm going to be using it for almost everything I do welding wise and also use it for a workbench to mount my vices to.

I've used 1/4 inch before on a smaller table and I just didn't like the feel of it. Also it didn't take much abuse.

The smallest I can go is about 4x4 feet but I'd rather not go that small honestly if I can do so with out spending $600.

When do you need it? I can hook it up at my work. Ill be back from Florida Thursday if you need it sooner I can call in to the office. If I remember correctly a full sheet is 5x12 but I can cut / sheer it for no charge, we also deliver! 1/2" is heavy!Adebellis@suburbansteelsupply.com for quicker response