00vi swap

The_buster

on the maxima.org forum there is a swap for 4th gens that seems fairly easy and cheap for a first mod for me. You take the intake manifolds, iacv, egr tube guide, fuel rail and injectors, rear valve cover and coil packs, and throttle body, all from a 2000 maxima. my question is would these parts be ok from a junkyard or would it be better to try to get some if not all new? This is not going to be something I tackle for another year, just to make sure the car is going to hold up. Here is a link to a site explaining everything as well as a parts list. They disabled the drag and copy function or I would have posted it in here.

http://tatanko.boredmder.com/

Two questions.

1. How are you going to tune it?

2. How/ where are you getting a IACV block plate, or throttle body adapter?

Each of the EIGHT methods require either tuning, custom parts, or 're drilling the lower plenum. Awful lot of custom work for an unspecified gain, I didn't catch any factual data of gain.

That's why this is a future mod so I can get everything lined up then do it. I was thinking contacting slow-motion for tuning unless there are others who are nissan specific. And there is a guy on maxima.org who majes the custom peices. You can also use the iacv as well.

Two questions.

1. How are you going to tune it?

2. How/ where are you getting a IACV block plate, or throttle body adapter?

Each of the EIGHT methods require either tuning, custom parts, or 're drilling the lower plenum. Awful lot of custom work for an unspecified gain, I didn't catch any factual data of gain.

Finally a person with usable information.

Why does anyone give a fuck what he mods? It's his car. So what he doesnt have a Vette or a ls platform. Let him do what he wants. You would think a moderator would clean this shit up.

To add to the OP, a friend of mine swapped some of the stuff mentioned and didn't gain enough hp for the money. So he sold the parts and left it stock.

Don't listen to those guys, it's a car you have and like. If you want to mod it, do it. You don't have to explain WHY you want to mod something. Or WHY you have a mnt dew tattoo.