P0420 HELP

GSXRAntwon

I'd punch them out and have Dyno Brian tune out that shit. I've heard that spacers work, but have never used them and would rather the computer not look for the sensors at all.

Were they replaced with factory cats? I've seen quite a few cars and trucks come in the shop with undersized aftermarket cats causing the same issue. You may also want to make sure the enigne is operating well as poor economy can clog up the cats as well.

I'd punch them out and have Dyno Brian tune out that shit. I've heard that spacers work, but have never used them and would rather the computer not look for the sensors at all.

Were they replaced with factory cats? I've seen quite a few cars and trucks come in the shop with undersized aftermarket cats causing the same issue. You may also want to make sure the enigne is operating well as poor economy can clog up the cats as well.

They look like aftermarket cats, they're huge so I think they're suited for the engine size. I think I'll try the spark plug non foulers drilled out trick, then if that doesn't work, punch em out and go get a tune from Brian. Brian told me he doesn't have the software for 08+ trucks (Gen 4) with VVT.

They look like aftermarket cats, they're huge so I think they're suited for the engine size. I think I'll try the spark plug non foulers drilled out trick, then if that doesn't work, punch em out and go get a tune from Brian. Brian told me he doesn't have the software for 08+ trucks (Gen 4) with VVT.

Hp tuners "should" support it, so more then likely it is just credits you would need to purchase.

It all has to do with how much catalyst is inside them, cheap ones even though oversized still may not function as the vehicle was designed. A lot goes into catalyst design so the after market cat likely isn't even "bad" it just isn't correct for the truck.