Paypal/ebay WTF

evan9381

i'll admit...i haven't sold anything on ebay in a while. i had something i wasn't having any luck with CL, so i figured what the hell.

see that ebay now has 9% fee for selling (WTF. i dont remember it ever being that high)...but i figure if i get at least my starting price out of it, i'm still making some money off what i bought it for.

item sells, find the envelope with my new paypal debit card they sent me a few months ago, i call and activate it, and figure i'll just pack up the item, go to the post office and use that to pay for the shipping. had to pick up a $3 item before heading there, and they tell me my card declined...wtf. use my regular card and go on my way.

go to look online, whats this bullshit now that paypal wont release my funds until either a) 3 days after the buyer receives the item or b) in 21 days. what in the fuck is this.

so i call paypal to find out what this BS is about, and she tells me its because i havent sold anything in over 6 months. even though i've bought a couple things on ebay in that time, and i have all positive feedback, and been using ebay/paypal for probably 7+ years, they wont release my funds to make sure im not scamming anyone or if the seller has a dispute they can just reverse it. i ask them "what happens if i dont have the money to pay to ship this until you release my funds?" and they gave me the 21 day shit.

so cliff notes, pay ebay $47 to list item, paypal takes $16, cant get MY money for at least a week, assuming i ship the item tomorrow and it gets there in 2-3 days.

i'm going to find so much pleasure in cancelling my accounts after i get my money. this is some crap.

i'll admit...i haven't sold anything on ebay in a while. i had something i wasn't having any luck with CL, so i figured what the hell.

see that ebay now has 9% fee for selling (WTF. i dont remember it ever being that high)...but i figure if i get at least my starting price out of it, i'm still making some money off what i bought it for.

item sells, find the envelope with my new paypal debit card they sent me a few months ago, i call and activate it, and figure i'll just pack up the item, go to the post office and use that to pay for the shipping. had to pick up a $3 item before heading there, and they tell me my card declined...wtf. use my regular card and go on my way.

go to look online, whats this bullshit now that paypal wont release my funds until either a) 3 days after the buyer receives the item or b) in 21 days. what in the fuck is this.

so i call paypal to find out what this BS is about, and she tells me its because i havent sold anything in over 6 months. even though i've bought a couple things on ebay in that time, and i have all positive feedback, and been using ebay/paypal for probably 7+ years, they wont release my funds to make sure im not scamming anyone or if the seller has a dispute they can just reverse it. i ask them "what happens if i dont have the money to pay to ship this until you release my funds?" and they gave me the 21 day shit.

so cliff notes, pay ebay $47 to list item, paypal takes $16, cant get MY money for at least a week, assuming i ship the item tomorrow and it gets there in 2-3 days.

i'm going to find so much pleasure in cancelling my accounts after i get my money. this is some crap.

First off always use EBAY shipping lables, so fkn easy.

Secondly you have to have a minimum transaction record (buying or selling) of 15 (I think) in order to have immediate access to your funds. What I would do is make 15 $1 purchases then you should have access to your funds immediately.

$1 purchases:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?LH_BIN=1&_sacat=0&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udhi=1&_nkw=cards+birthday&rt=nc&LH_FS=1

pay $15 MORE dollars to get my money? no thanks.

its just stupid. it's not like i dont have the money in my bank to ship the item, but its kind of like, what about someone who doesnt? what if you were selling an oversized item thats gonna cost $100 to ship, and you don't have that money to pay it? maybe you're selling an item due to lack of money. so you then have to wait 21 days to get the money to ship it? if i was a buyer, your ass would get negative feedback.

but if the ad says "Estimated delivery dates include seller's handling time, and will depend on shipping service selected and receipt of cleared payment. Delivery times may vary, especially during peak period"

so does cleared payment mean when i have my money, and not when its in my paypal account for no one to use? i ALMOST want to be a dick and wait the 3 weeks to get the money then ship it, even though i know its not the buyers fault.

pay $15 MORE dollars to get my money? no thanks.

its just stupid. it's not like i dont have the money in my bank to ship the item, but its kind of like, what about someone who doesnt? what if you were selling an oversized item thats gonna cost $100 to ship, and you don't have that money to pay it? maybe you're selling an item due to lack of money. so you then have to wait 21 days to get the money to ship it? if i was a buyer, your ass would get negative feedback.

EBAY/Paypal fronts you the money/label to ship it, then takes it out of the final sale when your funds are available.

but if the ad says "Estimated delivery dates include seller's handling time, and will depend on shipping service selected and receipt of cleared payment. Delivery times may vary, especially during peak period"

so does cleared payment mean when i have my money, and not when its in my paypal account for no one to use? i ALMOST want to be a dick and wait the 3 weeks to get the money then ship it, even though i know its not the buyers fault.

I ship everything 2-3 day express mail, with EBAY labels (helps them track the item better which = faster availability of funds). Item takes like 3 days (Max) to get there, then funds are available a couple days after that, not all that bad IMO. Like I said you want immediate funds availability you have to be above such and such # of transactions.

EBAY/Paypal fronts you the money/label to ship it, then takes it out of the final sale when your funds are available.

any idea why the bitch on the phone at paypal told me i had to pay for it up front and then the funds would be released once they received it + 3 days?

either way, its still BS. giving someone time to review their purchase...wtf. if i was a store selling new items, sure. they're used items. so if they get it and change their mind, or want to nitpick over something they should have asked about BEFORE bidding, it makes it that much easier for them to get their $ back?

any idea why the bitch on the phone at paypal told me i had to pay for it up front and then the funds would be released once they received it + 3 days?

Paying for shipping up front is dead wrong. The part about funds being released 3 days after receiving the item is 100% correct.

either way, its still BS. giving someone time to review their purchase...wtf. if i was a store selling new items, sure. they're used items. so if they get it and change their mind, or want to nitpick over something they should have asked about BEFORE bidding, it makes it that much easier for them to get their $ back?

This is why I sell most everything "No Returns or Exchanges". If you list an item that way there is little to nothing a buyer can do to dispute the transaction, unless he claims the item you sent him was not the item listed. That said Everything I sell is legit, so I never run into any problems. If you sell bogus/junk shit with this philosophy you might as well delete your account as you will get flamed/neg-repped to infinity and beyond.

Lol...im sending exactly what i listed, no worries there...i can see why ebay is no where what it used to be. 9% to host some pics of my items? Maybe if i brought them my shit and they were doing everything (pics, listing, etc)

Oh well. Im not gonna bitch too much, i paid $280 for some bike parts, swapped out some brake calipers and took the shittier ones off my bike and sold them with the set, sold for $530 before fees ans shipping. Lol. Just needed to vent

lol. i had a guy ask me if i'd take $250 for something i had listed for $300, i told him yeah, that sounds fair...he says he'll call me on saturday to get it. calls me saturday, wanting me to take $200. then says he only has $220, then says he only has $230. then wants money off for a broken piece, which i listed it was broken in the ad. i finally told him "look, you offered me $250, i said yes, quit trying to lowball me more. call me back when you want to get it for $250"

he never called back. oh well

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lSikG-cbzuY/UEsp0guujMI/AAAAAAAACpE/0Hd3pJjsVvk/s1600/oprah-deal-with-it.gif

lol. i had a guy ask me if i'd take $250 for something i had listed for $300, i told him yeah, that sounds fair...he says he'll call me on saturday to get it. calls me saturday, wanting me to take $200. then says he only has $220, then says he only has $230. then wants money off for a broken piece, which i listed it was broken in the ad. i finally told him "look, you offered me $250, i said yes, quit trying to lowball me more. call me back when you want to get it for $250"

he never called back. oh well

Uhhh yeah, had the same shit with a set of tires I had listed on CL, 1 guy wanted me to bring them to him to see, because he "may" buy them, 60 fucking miles.... one way. WTF is wrong with the fucks on CL? I loved the people that called, said they were on the way, and never show..... I revised my listing, here's the link................

http://dayton.craigslist.org/pts/3428955552.html

After I did my last update, one of the original assbags that called wanting them, called and asked if I still had them, I asked if he read the ad, he said yes, I said the it clearly says they are gone, his response..... well I was going to offer you $200 (half of asking price), the only problem, they are gone, what part of that is not understandable, of course, he wanted me to drive 60 miles to deliver them too. His phone # is 513-319-0229, maybe someone here can help him out with a set of tires...........

Love it. I have about 8 pages of "For Sale" things on CL and the amount of people I have met that were cracked out, thieves, cheap asses etc. is mind boggling.

This is one of my biggest reasons for getting my CCW. I met some dude in a janky parking lot at night to buy a GPS for my parents. He opened his trunk and had about 30 of them. I got his license plate and called the police, definitely stolen.

Love it. I have about 8 pages of "For Sale" things on CL and the amount of people I have met that were cracked out, thieves, cheap asses etc. is mind boggling.

This is one of my biggest reasons for getting my CCW. I met some dude in a janky parking lot at night to buy a GPS for my parents. He opened his trunk and had about 30 of them. I got his license plate and called the police, definitely stolen.

Lol, when I was in the market to get my old bike, I was looking at an older Honda until he told me it wad half torn apart at his work in the parking lot with no title. I laughed at him and said I'll pass.