Fuck you AEP

SpaceGhost

AEP owns the lines in this area, and yes, that is a monopoly. However, it is regulated and approved by the gubmint. The cost to AEP is that they are considered a providor of last resort, meaning that, if FES goes out of business tomorrow, AEP HAS to be able to pick up all of their customers and provide power for them at the drop of a hat, regardless of what it costs for them to have this capacity ready at a moments notice.

I continue to advocate that you folks, all of you, find an alternative supplier. Don't like AEP? DON'T BUY YOUR POWER FROM THEM. Yes, you will alway be paying them for distribution, but that is about 33 to 40 percent of your bill. Cutting a companies earning by 60+ percent will get SOMEONE'S attention.

Where is a good place to start looking for alternative power suppliers? Interested ASAP.

Message the guy who spoketh that knowledge to you.

This.

And.

I giggle when I see people complain about entitlements in advocation of free market principals... then complain when a business passes its expenses on to the consumer.

You can't have it both ways.

I giggle when I see people complain about entitlements in advocation of free market principals... then complain when a business passes its expenses on to the consumer.

You can't have it both ways.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=695&pictureid=5572

AEP owns the lines in this area, and yes, that is a monopoly. However, it is regulated and approved by the gubmint. The cost to AEP is that they are considered a providor of last resort, meaning that, if FES goes out of business tomorrow, AEP HAS to be able to pick up all of their customers and provide power for them at the drop of a hat, regardless of what it costs for them to have this capacity ready at a moments notice.

I continue to advocate that you folks, all of you, find an alternative supplier. Don't like AEP? DON'T BUY YOUR POWER FROM THEM. Yes, you will alway be paying them for distribution, but that is about 33 to 40 percent of your bill. Cutting a companies earning by 60+ percent will get SOMEONE'S attention.

As part of the Westerville Co-Op I don't think I can.