salesman

Adam

When am I allowed to laugh or cuss at someone selling weapons stuff on here for too much?

I get it if someone is dumb enough to buy, then go ahead, but I should be allowed to make fun of someone doing a little gouging for themselves. I mean hell we are all mad at cheaper than dirt for doing it, and I tell people to punish people for not being ready before hand, but some of the asking prices here lately are ridiculous.

I see nothing wrong with PM'ing a person and letting them know they are too high. Publicly calling them out in a FS thread is strictly forbidden. That doesn't mean you can't make a thread in the kitchen for all to see. I understand your point. When people are asking Retail or close to retail for used stuff.

I'm a firm believer in "an item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it".

Hell, i paid $280 for a set of some parts a couple months ago, took one of the pieces out of the set and replaced what i had with that piece, put the crappy piece back into the set, sold that shit on ebay for $530 shipped.

if someone is willing to pay it, its obviously worth it to them, i dont see a problem with someone making a few bucks. now if they have it stupidly priced and it doesn't sell, they'll get the hint after a while and lower the price until they hit that point where someone finds it reasonable enough to buy.

I'm a firm believer in "an item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it".

Hell, i paid $280 for a set of some parts a couple months ago, took one of the pieces out of the set and replaced what i had with that piece, put the crappy piece back into the set, sold that shit on ebay for $530 shipped.

if someone is willing to pay it, its obviously worth it to them, i dont see a problem with someone making a few bucks. now if they have it stupidly priced and it doesn't sell, they'll get the hint after a while and lower the price until they hit that point where someone finds it reasonable enough to buy.

I understand where your coming from and most of the time what you said would apply. But, when you come onto CR where most members are familiar with firearms and what prices they go for don't post your guns for sale at outragous prices and expect a warm welcome. you make yourself look like a dumbass and us look down on you as a pile of shit.

I :lolguy: at the potatoes on here that have no clue of the value of firearms,etc. and jump on these FS items like its the last one on earth. :dumb:

I understand where your coming from and most of the time what you said would apply. But, when you come onto CR where most members are familiar with firearms and what prices they go for don't post your guns for sale at outragous prices and expect a warm welcome. you make yourself look like a dumbass and us look down on you as a pile of shit.

I :lolguy: at the potatoes on here that have no clue of the value of firearms,etc. and jump on these FS items like its the last one on earth. :dumb:

so, the majority of the people will laugh at the price, maybe offer a more realistic price if they're interested, and maybe the seller will take the offer, but someone who is not as versed in firearms might think its a fair enough deal for him/her and pick it up. or maybe someone just has the kind of money to throw at something like that and not give a fuck. who knows. lol

When am I allowed to laugh or cuss at someone selling weapons stuff on here for too much?

I get it if someone is dumb enough to buy, then go ahead, but I should be allowed to make fun of someone doing a little gouging for themselves. I mean hell we are all mad at cheaper than dirt for doing it, and I tell people to punish people for not being ready before hand, but some of the asking prices here lately are ridiculous.

Says the guy trying to sell me an $800 AR for $2500...dick. :)

-Marc

The prices you're seeing are what these items are worth now. People want an AR and you can't get one anywhere unless you're one of the lucky ones.

The market literally changed overnight and it's something everyone is going to have to get used to for a while.

I already flipped a few rifles and plan on doing the same with some more. I know a good amount of people were preparing for something like this to happen well before this crisis hit. A few of those 600 dollar PSA AR 15 seem to good to be true now.

A lot of people are looking at what things are going for on Gun Broker and Armslist and think that that is what everyone is paying for stuff too.

This is just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes fellas. I've made a few bucks and some great trades on parts so far. Buying lower parts kits and selling for almost double what I paid literally an hour earlier, can't pass that shit up. I'm piecing together another gun right now to possibly sell for a decent amount more depending on if this shitstorm rolls through or not.

Brb, selling poverty $700 AR15 on here for $1300...

Brb, selling pieced together AR15 that should be around $1200-1400 on here for $2500.

I assume your talking about me with the pieced together ar15 thats worth 1200-1400 and selling for $2500.

You really don't realize the prices of everything and im not even talking about the current value.

being honest, Ive got $2400ish in parts in my AR and I dont think its crazy to ask a bit more for my labor. I was going to put it up for $2900 but im not trying to make a bunch on it.

I get what everyone is saying on here. But here's the thing, CR as I see it, is in a way a large family. This is a place for people of "like" interests. And with that, I see the members here as some of the people I might be able to rely on. Hence, I wanted CR gun owners to have the mags at a blow out price. Some of it could be in the phrasing, I see the blown up pricing and I would rather see them on another site than here. I would rather see it as " Here's what I have available and what it's worth now". "If your someone who missed out on buying when they were more available, here's what I have.

What I have seen is the, hey dumb fuck I don't care, as long as I make double what I paid and can LOL later at you.

Money is nice, but it's not worth burning someone you know.

Edited by Mojoe
spelling

I don't think anyone can say anyone is robbing anyone here. I personally just don't like making a big profit off someone I know. Demand or not, CR price or sell somewhere else I think would be a better approach. That's me though. Maybe this is why I'm not a Mortgage broker anymore.

I don't think anyone can say anyone is robbing anyone here. I personally just don't like making a big profit off someone I know. Demand or not, CR price or sell somewhere else I think would be a better approach. That's me though. Maybe this is why I'm not a Mortgage broker anymore.

We have had people selling things that dont work, were stolen from others, etc. When I get a pm saying a guy is selling a car for 20k thats got known issues that were lied about or not mentioned we take action.