Buyer's agents

mmrmnhrm

You want a trusted one to help make sure your not getting screwed in the details or forgetting some detail of maintenance that you can get fixed before signing.

The attorney might help with the contract, but would they come out to the property with you and do what a real estate agent can do?

In this day in and age a realtor is about worhtless as tits on a tire. With two agents your paying 6 percent.

Ehh, actually it's the sellers who pay the 6%. If there's only the listing agent involved, they pocket it all. Otherwise it's (usually) split 50/50 between the listing and buying agents.

You want a trusted one to help make sure your not getting screwed in the details or forgetting some detail of maintenance that you can get fixed before signing.

The attorney might help with the contract, but would they come out to the property with you and do what a real estate agent can do?

Pretty much this... Just because you can write up a contract doesn't mean you know what unique issues need to be included.

I found my own house both times on my own using free online tools. During the 1 sale, the Realtor was useless. I will never use a Realtor again.

Well, this listing agent has yet to return an email or a voice mail... kinda hard to sell someone's house when you don't return calls!

What sites have you used too look up houses? Were the realtors able to provide more options than what you found online?

realtor.com mostly... seems to include all the MLS stuff, and the search tool is fairly well implemented. It'd be nice to have a way to filter out all the contingent stuff, but oh well.

Agents are useless, we used a buyers agent in worthington, worst idea ever. Back in the day before the internet they were helpful. Now most of them are just lazy and just want to collect their 3%, 6% if they are buyers agent and sellers agent. If this is your first time buying a house, get a reference from someone here for a good agent because most of them are scum.

A buyer doesn't pay commission.

PM me for a reference; Cordell can give you a recommendation for this agent.

Yeah they do, if the house was a short sale and bank will only pay 5% comission total. If the buyers agent doesn't want to take 2.5% then the buyer has to pay the .5% have to pay the difference. Also another suggestion for the OP, read the contract carefully before you sign one with a buyers agent.

realtor.com mostly... seems to include all the MLS stuff, and the search tool is fairly well implemented. It'd be nice to have a way to filter out all the contingent stuff, but oh well.

It can take a long time for stuff to show up on other websites and a long time for it to drop off. We would have never seen the house we ended up buying if we hadn't been getting info from our Realtor directly from MLS listings.

Just post him/her up? Or might there be some sort of NDA/Non-compete? I can't believe I'm going to be the only one looking to buy in the near future with rates this low.

If this is your first time buying a house, get a reference from someone here for a good agent because most of them are scum.

Yes, well, hence the thread ;)

It can take a long time for stuff to show up on other websites and a long time for it to drop off. We would have never seen the house we ended up buying if we hadn't been getting info from our Realtor directly from MLS listings.

Second half of why we're looking for a buyer's agent... I don't think I've seen a single short or foreclosure on any website anywhere, and I have to think there's a shitload of them out there.

Yeah they do, if the house was a short sale and bank will only pay 5% comission total. If the buyers agent doesn't want to take 2.5% then the buyer has to pay the .5% have to pay the difference. Also another suggestion for the OP, read the contract carefully before you sign one with a buyers agent.

Very rare in this market. Most would rather lose .5% than risk a sale

I am a real estate investory and use the same agents for both sides of my deals. He is "newer" into real estate but is on a team with his father, Greg Hart. Greg (for many years) was the number 1 agent in Ohio and is the Franklin County Realtor elected by the Franklin County Sheriff (Zach Scott).

As a team, they know their stuff.

Could I sell my house myself? Yeah, probably. But the 6% you pay is well worth passing the liability onto someone else should God forbid something go wrong (always unknowns).

If you want his number, let me know.

Since he is "newer" (2-3 years), he doesn't have a TON of clients just yet so he is able to dedicate quite a bit more time than other agents.

If any agent ever said they weren't willing to lower their commission .5%, they will not be in business long. With times as hard as they are, agents will do everything they can to secure and maintain a sale.

I DIY everything.

I originally considered DIYing my home sale to save the money.

The agent I went with sold my house for 98% of my asking price in 23 days. He was worth every single penny. He'll negotiate the hell out of the sale on your side as the buyer too.

I actually think he is a machine. Jeff Mahler: jmahler1@gmail.com

Nice on 98%! Most houses in Columbus right now are selling for 92-93% of their original list price. 98% is excellent.

A lady at work had her house listed at 115,900 and the first offer in after 31 days was 115,000. Hell yeah, especially since it is less than a mile from where I have a house for sale. Positive for me!

Nice on 98%! Most houses in Columbus right now are selling for 92-93% of their original list price. 98% is excellent.

A lady at work had her house listed at 115,900 and the first offer in after 31 days was 115,000. Hell yeah, especially since it is less than a mile from where I have a house for sale. Positive for me!

97.3% to be exact. He actually wanted to push it one more time... I just wanted to get it done.

I don't feel like getting involved in a debate about how to buy a house or who to use. I wouldn't fly into a home sale blind so I would use an agent. The guy who helped me buy my house is a friend who not only races but gets into rental properties and such making fairly experienced and qualified to point out issues with any house I was looking at. It was very easy because he constantly sent houses for sale meeting the criteria we wanted and showed us quite a few before we decided on one. Half of the houses he showed us he talked us out of for various reasons, a couple of houses he showed us twice. Its very good to have a trusted realtor helping you make a purchase in my opinion, and I would use him again.

If you want his information I'll PM it to you, I'm not posting a friends personal cell phone.

The fees that will ultimately line the realtors' pockets are indeed paid by the buyer. We can claim it is the seller paying the percentage, but obviously, the seller is simply making sure the asking price includes the extra monies.