Not looking good guys

JaronsToy

Just a few quotes from our tolerant, intellectual, liberal betters.

“Confiscation could be an option.” -- New York Governor Andrew Cuomo in a radio interview (December 27, 2012)

“We cannot have big guns out here ... semi-automatics and all of them,” said Iowa Rep. Dan Muhlbauer. “Even if you have them, I think we need to start taking them.” -- interview with the Iowa Daily Times Herald (December 19, 2012)

By all means Mr. Muhlbauer, Mr. Cuomo, and please let me suggest you both volunteer for the job.

“Ammunition is now the black hole in gun violence prevention.” -- Connecticut U.S. Senator Richard Blumenthal (D), January 8, 2013
Of course, the ammo is responsible.

“universal background checks [and laws to] track the movement and sale of weapons through a national database.” -- The Washington Post, January 6, 2013
Sounds like registration, or more accurately, sounds like Mr. Biden can go fuck himself.

It is, as it has always been, about the agenda, and not about the poor children murdered at Sandy Hook, and that's the most despicable thing of all.

• Upvote 1

If federal law did try to take away our 2nd amendment can't the states as an individual call the 10th amendment and protect their citizens?

I know Wyoming is proposing a law to avoid the banning of semi autos and high cap mags if it happens: http://www.infowars.com/wyoming-lawmakers-propose-gun-protection-legislation/

I know Ohio's Governor voted for the Clinton Ban when it happened, wonder which direction our state is going to hold

If federal law did try to take away our 2nd amendment can't the states as an individual call the 10th amendment and protect their citizens?

I know Wyoming is proposing a law to avoid the banning of semi autos and high cap mags if it happens: http://www.infowars.com/wyoming-lawmakers-propose-gun-protection-legislation/

I know Ohio's Governor voted for the Clinton Ban when it happened, wonder which direction our state is going to hold

different governor now. hope its a better one for us. will see. also i wouldnt call it done if the exec order happens. still can have a fight in the supreme court.

http://www.ontheissues.org/OH/John_Kasich_Gun_Control.htm

Super helpful link!

Opposes restrictions on the right to bear arms

Kasich opposes the CC survey question on right to bear arms

Voted YES on decreasing gun waiting period from 3 days to 1.

I think were good :thumbup:

But if a state passes a law, can it still go to the supreme courts if it has enough votes in favor of the new law?

"Several Wyoming lawmakers are proposing legislation designed to protect gun-owners from any potential federal firearm ban. The “Firearms Protection Act” bill, introduced this week, would make any federal law banning semi-automatic firearms or limiting the size of gun magazines unenforceable within the state’s boundaries"

Source: http://k2radio.com/wyoming-lawmakers-propose-gun-protection-legislation/

Actual Firearms Protection Act: http://k2radio.com/wyoming-house-bill-no-hb0104-firearm-protection-act/

AND the act prohibits any registration in any manner...i'm movin to Wyoming ;)

I'm positive there are reasons far worse than my attitude..

You are just one of many that have this attitude, that is what the problem is. I used to be in the same boat, until I finally realized the fact that not giving a shit adds fuel to the fire.

All of this ties together, does it feel good not having that extra 2% in your pay or do you not care about that either?

Do you care that your taxes are about to get powerfucked like a drunk prom date?

When you don't care and don't hold that those you voted for (at least I hope you vote) accountable it allows them to just keep screwing us all.

You are just one of many that have this attitude, that is what the problem is. I used to be in the same boat, until I finally realized the fact that not giving a shit adds fuel to the fire.

All of this ties together, does it feel good not having that extra 2% in your pay or do you not care about that either?

Do you care that your taxes are about to get powerfucked like a drunk prom date?

When you don't care and don't hold that those you voted for (at least I hope you vote) accountable it allows them to just keep screwing us all.

I didn't vote. I won't vote for my lack of knowledge on each candidate and which they stand for. I'm smart enough to at least realize I shouldn't vote.

You also won't catch me crying about all this taxing nonsense.

This is life. Life isn't fair.

If any of you were proactive in trying to change things. Posting on Columbusracing.com isn't a way to start doing that. Otherwise, go about your day and live with it. Come up with a plan to deal with it while you have to.

I'm dealing with my own shit one day at a time and I take things directly around me and make the best of them.

I didn't vote. I won't vote for my lack of knowledge on each candidate and which they stand for. I'm smart enough to at least realize I shouldn't vote.

You also won't catch me crying about all this taxing nonsense.

This is life. Life isn't fair.

If any of you were proactive in trying to change things. Posting on Columbusracing.com isn't a way to start doing that. Otherwise, go about your day and live with it. Come up with a plan to deal with it while you have to.

I'm dealing with my own shit one day at a time and I take things directly around me and make the best of them.

Maybe before you come in and try to troll something you don't care about some research should be done?

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109128

Looks to me that some of us are being proactive and trying to change things?

Maybe before you come in and try to troll something you don't care about some research should be done?

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109128

Looks to me that some of us are being proactive and trying to change things?

This isn't a troll attempt lol.

You're generalizing people into two groups:

1. People FOR gun rights

2. Sheep

I'm telling you this isn't right, because there are people like me who are simply indifferent to any actions taken. It doesn't affect me personally, and I generally mind my own business.

I'm not a gun owner. I don't see a need to own a gun for recreational use. I'm not for OR against gun ownership.

I just prefer to stay out of it- It's not a matter of being a "sheep."

This isn't a troll attempt lol.

You're generalizing people into two groups:

1. People FOR gun rights

2. Sheep

I'm telling you this isn't right, because there are people like me who are simply indifferent to any actions taken. It doesn't affect me personally, and I generally mind my own business.

I'm not a gun owner. I don't see a need to own a gun for recreational use. I'm not for OR against gun ownership.

I just prefer to stay out of it- It's not a matter of being a "sheep."

So, you are indifferent to this because it does not affect you personally, I get that and at least you are admiting it.

The lager point and bigger picture is that not caring what government does will affect you at some point. You are just giving them the green light to walk all over you.

Fuck them, come and try to take people's guns and see how that turns out. If you are not outraged by this idea you are just another sheep...

I'm with Farkas... you're excluding a vast middle ground. I'm absolutely, vehemently against confiscation of handguns. The supreme court has ruled that the 2nd amendment directly applies to personal handgun ownership. If the government comes to take away ALL your guns, count me among your supporters.

And yes, I know that there are people who are suggesting that, but it's not realistic. Instead, what's being talked about are specific restrictions, improvements to background checks, mental health databases, etc.

To give an example, despite my position outlined above, if someone wanted to ban high-capacity magazines, I wouldn't care. I've read all the arguments pro and con, and my conclusion is "meh."

So instead of arguing against such a provision rationally and trying to convince me, the gun-rights advocates move on to this bullshit "you can't give them an inch, slippery slope, this is how Stalin/Mao/Hitler started, it's going to be 1776 all over again" all-or-nothing rant. Whoa! I'm somewhere in the middle on all of this, but if I had to pick a side that was totally not anything like Stalin, and a side that was convinced that everyone on the other side was obviously Stalin, I'm going to pick the side that's not delusional. Every day of the week.

cliffs: I'm not a sheep, but calling me a sheep is counterproductive.

I'm with Farkas... you're excluding a vast middle ground. I'm absolutely, vehemently against confiscation of handguns. The supreme court has ruled that the 2nd amendment directly applies to personal handgun ownership. If the government comes to take away ALL your guns, count me among your supporters.

And yes, I know that there are people who are suggesting that, but it's not realistic. Instead, what's being talked about are specific restrictions, improvements to background checks, mental health databases, etc.

To give an example, despite my position outlined above, if someone wanted to ban high-capacity magazines, I wouldn't care. I've read all the arguments pro and con, and my conclusion is "meh."

So instead of arguing against such a provision rationally and trying to convince me, the gun-rights advocates move on to this bullshit "you can't give them an inch, slippery slope, this is how Stalin/Mao/Hitler started, it's going to be 1776 all over again" all-or-nothing rant. Whoa! I'm somewhere in the middle on all of this, but if I had to pick a side that was totally not anything like Stalin, and a side that was convinced that everyone on the other side was obviously Stalin, I'm going to pick the side that's not delusional. Every day of the week.

cliffs: I'm not a sheep, but calling me a sheep is counterproductive.

Point made and taken, but can I call you a goat? Maybe an alpaca? :)