Spring Car Show Schedules

99StockGT

So with the wonderful Ohio weather we can never count on the question is..when do the toys come out? Other than these freakishly warm 65+ days in January is late march too soon? Mid April? Also, what shows are a must go for people? I know there are the regular cars and coffee things, and the big events like Goodguys but what else is worth attending and when?

Selfish reason for asking this is I am planning on hosting a show at my store sometime late March - Mid April but I was hoping for some feedback from the community. Discuss amongst yourselves..

I'm kicking around whether March 24th would work, with our always unpredictable weather its a little worrying that we won't be defrosted in time. I know most of us who have toys we really care about we don't want salt on them. The other thought was April 14th. If things go well at the first show this will be a re-occuring event every couple months or so, didn't want to push it too far back into the summer season.

I lean towards May 1 as the kick-off for car gatherings. You might have a dry, warm, sunny day in Ohio in March or April, but it's more the exception than the rule.

+1, not only that but the week of March 24th is universally the most common week for SPRING BREAK nationwide. Many people, including myself, will be traveling to foreign countries and that may make for a weak showing. Just my .02

Gah, I've been out of the schoolin' for far too long to remember that. I could have sworn it was some time in April. Are people traveling with their kids for spring break these days or sending little Tommy and Jamie off on exploits by themselves? I can't imagine too many school age folk have the money to build car show ready rides these days though I of course could be horribly wrong.

My biggest concerns though would be weather, or scheduling conflicts with another show. Being the new kid on the block...I don't want to step on any toes or steal an established get togethers thunder.

Lol yes we do. The Promo girls is an open subject at the moment, some people say yes bring them some don't. Sensitive situation, we would like to keep this a family friendly show and many people consider those...less than family friendly.

But Coneys!!

We are hoping for a pretty solid mix of new school and old. I came up in a generation that had car shows all the time, even if they were little ones. Now that I have my own shop I would love to give back a little of what I was able to see when I was younger.

If we DO decide to have "car girls" there we will also have a photographer on hand for those who are interested in getting shots of their rides done. In addition at least one of my car care vendors will be there demoing their product and giving away samples, so at the very least you'll walk away with some free swag :)

The white one in the pic is a 87. Engine came apart in Sept. (came with car) just finished up a new build 383 w/ 671 blower. Should be firing it back up next weekend. Other is a 90 305 (for now) 5-spd that my mom bought almost new when I was in second grade lol. So I've always loved these cars since 2nd grade. :)

Shief when you get it all done, I would love to go for a ride. I love fast 3rd gens. I'll reciprocate as soon as I get mine sorted out. It's not very fast but it looks good going slow.

Man, bethel is far lol. yeah no prob, ill be at some of the cr events this year with it

Well if you ever find yourself on my side of town feel free to stop in :) Whether or not you need any parts always happy to meet another car enthusiast..besides you need to get used to the drive for the car show(series?) this year we'll be hosting :) I have room for probably 50 cars comfortably and would love to see something other than Nova's Mustangs and your typical cars. I want to see some fun new school stuff, maybe even a "trucker" group.