ultrasonic parts cleaner

evan9381

anyone have one i could throw you a few bucks to bring over a few parts and use? i've got a handful of bike components i'd like to get caked on dirt out of, and this looks to be the best option to get down into the spots i wouldn't otherwise be able to get to.

AHHH...now you're putting me into the camp of suggestions from another guy im friends with that said "buy one from HF"

what kind of solution do you guys use?

the other thing i was gonna check, can i just pull the bolt and cables from the FD and RD and toss it in there, or are there any parts on those i should take off before putting them in? i've been trying to do some research on BF as i was asking. also, if im able to find one large enough, can i put my whole cranket (FSA SL-K - CF crank arms) in there, or is that a no-no for carbon?

I've got a HF cleaner I use for cleaning brass for re loading. They don't work great, but if you cycle it a few times it will get the job done. I've cleaned a few gun parts with it as well and if there is caked on grease or what not, you've got to hit it with a wire brush prior to cleaning.

AHHH...now you're putting me into the camp of suggestions from another guy im friends with that said "buy one from HF"

what kind of solution do you guys use?

the other thing i was gonna check, can i just pull the bolt and cables from the FD and RD and toss it in there, or are there any parts on those i should take off before putting them in? i've been trying to do some research on BF as i was asking. also, if im able to find one large enough, can i put my whole cranket (FSA SL-K - CF crank arms) in there, or is that a no-no for carbon?

I use dawn dish soap. I have put derailleurs and carbon cranks in them with no problem. If your derailleur pulleys have bearings in them I would not put those in there.

I use dawn dish soap. I have put derailleurs and carbon cranks in them with no problem. If your derailleur pulleys have bearings in them I would not put those in there.

Ive got Tiagra (4500? 2011 stuff) ans Ultegra 6700. Yay or nay?

sweet. from everything i saw, i was expecting better results than i got. maybe i need to run a few cycles or hit everything with a powerwasher first to remove some of the bigger grit? i thought it would be better for getting into the small areas i cant reach by hand, but theres some sections i could still see dirty.

who knows. i spent the day working on it, was the next best thing since i couldnt get out.

now to get the old bike cleaned up. gonna take it out saturday for a ride, and im done taking the new ride out on crap days.