Carpal Tunnel Doc Recommendation

KillJoy

Okay, over the last week or two I have been having a numb / tingly feeling in my left pinky & ring finger. Also, the "funny bone" nerve in my elbow has felt weird.

My insurance does not require me to have a referral, so.....

Anyone recommend a Doc to take a look at this?

KillJoy

Can't answer your question, but just to give you some better talking points for the doc you do find:

Cubital tunnel syndrome

Cubital tunnel syndrome occurs when the ulnar nerve is obstructed during its path along the cubital tunnel, the outer edge of the elbow. This compression of the nerve often leads to a tingling or 'pins and needles' sensation in the little and ring fingers.

I recently researched the same problem and found some tips that have helped, but I still plan to follow up with a doctor.

Can't answer your question, but just to give you some better talking points for the doc you do find:

Cubital tunnel syndrome

I recently researched the same problem and found some tips that have helped, but I still plan to follow up with a doctor.

That pretty much describes my symptoms.

Thanks!

KillJoy

I am having surgery on my left hand for Carpal Tunnel this month and the link below is the doctor that will be doing the surgery. He was highly recommended from a friend who had him do the surgery.

http://handcenter.osu.edu/ourteam/physicians/awan/

Go to Butler, don't know this guy. But Kleinfelter and Butler are great.

james popp at cardinal orthopedics did my carpal tunnel releases when i lived in columbus. brent bickel is another hand surgeon that works there, and is a personal friend of mine. both of them would be more than qualified to do a great job.

Idk if he does carpal tunnel stuff, but kirk sent me to dr. Brent bickel at cardinal ortho by mt carmel east. I know he focuses on hand/wrist stuff, so maybe itd be his area? He did good work when i busted my wrist in '11

james popp at cardinal orthopedics did my carpal tunnel releases when i lived in columbus. brent bickel is another hand surgeon that works there, and is a personal friend of mine. both of them would be more than qualified to do a great job.

I have an appointment w/ Dr. Bickel at 8:50 tomorrow morning.

Thanks guys.

KillJoy