Nice apartments around campus?

RedRocket1647545505

The Quarry / Thread.

I've heard good things about The Quarry, though all of them were related to the social scene and partying. A few years ago - when I was at the Meridian - a bunch of people would party at the Meridian pool(s). (BTW, their pools are fucking tiny and were always fucking freezing.) The Meridian partying would last from like 11am to like 3 or 4 pm, and then everyone would migrate to The Quarry to continue partying, etc. until it was time to get ready and go out. Yeah, I know, completely douchey, but whatever - it was fun if you were into that sort of thing. Not sure if things continue to operate like that, but The Quarry had - at least at one time - a fairly healthy pool scene.

Note: it would suck if you lived anywhere close to the pool at Meridian. Seriously, sometimes I kind of felt sorry for those tenants, as it was a complete madhouse on certain days.

Note x2: Also, the Meridian was, by and large, filled with douche bags. I can tolerate a certain level of douchery - hell, I'm no slouch when it comes to douchiness myself - but some people can't. I don't know if the douchers remain at Meridian, but, if they are, and you can't tolerate them, then I'd steer clear of there.

Yea the Social/Partying scene is tits (talk about hawt women) but honestly above that the pure aesthetics of the the quarry-view is what makes it probably the best complex around. Also it is extremely quiet at night, almost like being in the middle of the country, except for when the asphalt plant on the west side of the property is running, which is only here/there from what I understand.

And the quarry has two pools and two hot tubs, both located infront of clubhouses away from the apartments (for the most part). Personally I found the Meridans "court yard" pool setup to be somewhat creepy, as opposed to sipping brews in the pool while over looking the lake at the quarry.

Yeah, the Meridian wasn't exactly quiet. On top of the noise that comes from boisterous tenants, it's located in a relatively high traffic area. Some of the units (e.g., ours) was located in relatively close promixity to a COTA bus stop - need I say anymore? While technically in Grandview (I think), the Meridian was close enough to the University District to get some of the "seedy drift," if that makes sense. Like, you would see some unscrupulous-looking characters floating around the complex sometimes. Not something you really want to tolerate when you're paying $1000+ per month in rent.

Austin, I think I'm effectively deterring you from the Meridian :lol: