Nice apartments around campus?

RedRocket1647545505

I just started taking classes again at OSU and am thinking about trying to get a job in the medical center (100% tuition reimbursement :fuckyeah:). As such, I have no real need to stay where I am (25 miles south). I am looking for a nice apartment complex around this area. I don't want to rent a house. I'd rather just be in a complex where I don't have to do anything. $800-$1,000/mo., at most. 2 bedroom preferred, but I can adjust to 1.

I drive by Fisher Commons every day on Kenny rd, thinking "Those look decent", but, they appear to be only for those enrolled in the Fisher College of Business, which I am not. Anything similar near by?

I just started taking classes again at OSU and am thinking about trying to get a job in the medical center (100% tuition reimbursement :fuckyeah:). As such, I have no real need to stay where I am (25 miles south). I am looking for a nice apartment complex around this area. I don't want to rent a house. I'd rather just be in a complex where I don't have to do anything. $800-$1,000/mo., at most. 2 bedroom preferred, but I can adjust to 1.

I drive by Fisher Commons every day on Kenny rd, thinking "Those look decent", but, they appear to be only for those enrolled in the Fisher College of Business, which I am not. Anything similar near by?

My g/f lives in heritage and works for OSU medical. Its close and within your price range. Her apartment is decent and close to everything.

Explain this 100% tuition reimbursement...is it for any OSU job?

My g/f lives in heritage and works for OSU medical. Its close and within your price range. Her apartment is decent and close to everything.

Explain this 100% tuition reimbursement...is it for any OSU job?

The website says 100% tuition reimbursement (for classes taken at OSU) for the employee (nurses) and 50% reimbursement for your immediate family members. It says you are eligible after 1 year of employment, however, I have a few people I work with now who just left OSU that state you're eligible from day 1.

Whatever you do, do not get an apt from hometeam properties.

Oh and why is that? Please explain.

I've worked with Hometeam for 3 years doing all of their exterior maintenance/landscaping and always hear good things from their tennants.

I came here to post about Hometeam, if you like, they have nice rentals available year round. PM me if interested.

Oh and why is that? Please explain.

I've worked with Hometeam for 3 years doing all of their exterior maintenance/landscaping and always hear good things from their tennants.

I came here to post about Hometeam, if you like, they have nice rentals available year round. PM me if interested.

I had an apt with them about 5 years ago and they never answered my calls, or sent out the maintenance man when I needed him, My apartment somehow became infested with flies, and i'm talking thousands of them. It was if there was a rotting body in the wall. I would have to bomb weekly. It was terrible, I would even stop in at their office and they would halfway talk to me and never call or send someone out. Then they would just walk into my apartment without calling ahead of time to show the place when the lease was coming up. Then they posted pictures of my apartment on craigslist with the address so everyone on the internet knew what was in my apartment and where to break in. After that I had several people come knocking on my door acting really suspicious, and lurking around in the alleyway near my kitchen windows. Not to mention my $400 electric bill every month when I could not have possibly used that much in electricity in a month.

Tuition is covered from day one, Austin. The only issue you will have is scheduling classes around your work schedule. I found that main campus tends to end most main classes around the 3:30 mark. After that they are mostly bullshit classes that no one needs and they expect you to go to a branch campus if you want evening classes.

I found that main campus tends to end most main classes around the 3:30 mark. After that they are mostly bullshit classes that no one needs and they expect you to go to a branch campus if you want evening classes.

Truth.

OSU undergrad is a fucking joke unless you're there for the 4 year (18-22) ride.

Austin, you might want to check out The Meridian. It's located off of 5th Avenue (but also has an entrance off of King Avenue). It's just west of Olentangy Avenue. I haven't checked out their pricing lately, but I would imagine they'd be in your ballpark. I know they recently installed gates to make it a gated community. It's populated by a younger crowd: more well-to-do Ohio State students and younger professionals.

I had an apt with them about 5 years ago and they never answered my calls, or sent out the maintenance man when I needed him, My apartment somehow became infested with flies, and i'm talking thousands of them. It was if there was a rotting body in the wall. I would have to bomb weekly. It was terrible, I would even stop in at their office and they would halfway talk to me and never call or send someone out. Then they would just walk into my apartment without calling ahead of time to show the place when the lease was coming up. Then they posted pictures of my apartment on craigslist with the address so everyone on the internet knew what was in my apartment and where to break in. After that I had several people come knocking on my door acting really suspicious, and lurking around in the alleyway near my kitchen windows. Not to mention my $400 electric bill every month when I could not have possibly used that much in electricity in a month.

I see, sorry to hear all of that. Since then, we have maintenance on call 24/7. The operation has come a long way in the past 2 years since I've been there and we have no complaints anymore.

Tuition is covered from day one, Austin. The only issue you will have is scheduling classes around your work schedule. I found that main campus tends to end most main classes around the 3:30 mark. After that they are mostly bullshit classes that no one needs and they expect you to go to a branch campus if you want evening classes.

I'm hoping it won't be an issue. Right now I go to school Tuesday through Friday during the day and work Friday through Sunday nights. So far its working out well. If I could get on at OSU and do the same, I would switch in a minute. If not, I'll stay where I am.

Austin, you might want to check out The Meridian. It's located off of 5th Avenue (but also has an entrance off of King Avenue). It's just west of Olentangy Avenue. I haven't checked out their pricing lately, but I would imagine they'd be in your ballpark. I know they recently installed gates to make it a gated community. It's populated by a younger crowd: more well-to-do Ohio State students and younger professionals.

I saw those and thought they looked pretty nice. My only issue is they are getting horrible reviews from what I found on Google.

I saw those and thought they looked pretty nice. My only issue is they are getting horrible reviews from what I found on Google.

I'm not surprised to hear about the horrible reviews. My impression is that the quality there (e.g., management competence and helpfulness) has decreased dramatically in the past few years.