Pole Barn Builders

LPFSTheFett

I agree! 50x150 would be pretty awesome! LOL

I got a quote from 64 metals in St. Lousville. Came out to 35k for a 40x50 or 27k for a 30x50. 8k for concrete (5") and 9k for labor 9k. Seems like there is certainly some room for cheaper labor prices. Of course I dont know what it takes to build one either. lol

You have to take into consideration fuel costs, labor costs (ie. how many guys he has working for him to complete it), vehicle costs, tool costs, etc. Manual labor rates are not the same as desk job labor rates. Just take that into consideration.

You have to take into consideration fuel costs, labor costs (ie. how many guys he has working for him to complete it), vehicle costs, tool costs, etc. Manual labor rates are not the same as desk job labor rates. Just take that into consideration.

true, but not that high, like I posted before, my barn was 10k for 30x40, oversized insulated garage door, man door, electric, etc.... I have another 2400 in gravel and concrete and I went 7 inches thick with concrete and 4 inches of gravel.

I have probably another grand in insulation and drywall and then 1,400 for the big daddy wood burner....

so with everything all together, I'm right around 15k to have the building done right.

Around here the Amish are awesome but far from cheap. Two months ago the new 40x48 stick and metal building for tractor storage was 26k

then they either went to the wrong Amish person, didn't know how to negotiate, or are lying to you about the price.

then they either went to the wrong Amish person, didn't know how to negotiate, or are lying to you about the price.

It's our building on the farm and it is done by the most polular builders out here. We do not negotiate prices with them because they do not negotiate prices with us when we do work for them. Who am I to beat them down on their prices when they pay mine? I have three of their buildings at my home. And we have one done by someone else who is comparable. Come price anything from the amish in this area and you will be shocked at the results. Especially if it is furniture or cabinets. The average amish customer cabinets out here are easily $25k-30k