BOA - Can't purchase Guns or Ammo with their card now

kshymkiw83

Unpossible. They can't see what is being purchased on a POS transaction. They would have to stop all sales to just about every major dept store, outdoor store, etc.

I think this is from the American Spirit Arms deal, where their internet sales jumped like 500% in a week and their accts frozen for suspicious activity.

I have heard about this but not about the OP

I mean I think the above video has to do with that situation. Them getting something to go viral to hurt the business that hurt them.

She also posted another video - in which she says another Rep has said they aren't stopping it....

I would venture to guess the Indian Guy she got didn't understand the question.

False Alarm here

Lol bank of america is amusing to begin with, I call them all the time to verify account info for mutual clients. I tell them I work for another bank and trying to verify info for security reasons and they just give me all the BofA info. I just shake my head. I doubt this is real though, he just seemed confused and was trying to look it up in his resources.

Horrible phone skills though should never just say you are an employee and you have no idea. I would go to crazy lengths to get answers just so I wouldnt sound dumb

Unpossible. They can't see what is being purchased on a POS transaction. They would have to stop all sales to just about every major dept store, outdoor store, etc.

Exactly, they can not see your transactions. What this lady is leaving out is the possibility there was a fraud alert on her card. A large purchase usually will send up a flag, especially if she doesn't make too many large purchases. The girlfriend is a personal banker with BoA, there is no such "blocking" of sales with firearms or ammo. The woman bought my Ruger for Christmas with her BoA card........

Nothing to get jimmies rustled about.